Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 15 Mar 2006 (Wednesday) 17:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Anyone here use a Stroboframe Pro-T with a 20D w/grip

tbfoto
655 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Mar 15, 2006 17:05 |  #1

I have a 20D with grip and I want to use my Strobframe PRO-T flash bracket with it. However the bracket does not fit as well as I would like for vertical shots. the bracket base is a little too close to the vertical shutter button. This makes it uncomfortable to use the camera for vertical shots. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it. I found some 1/4" aluminimum stock and am thinking of machining my own base to a little different shape so that it moves away from the buton.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom

sponsored links
entrefoto
970 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Mar 15, 2006 17:25 |  #2

I have the smaller Press-T. There was a way to get around having the bracket in the way of the shutter button. I will take a pic of how mine is mounted and post it here.

6D | 35mm f/2 IS USM | 200mm f/2.8 L II | Lensbaby Spark | 430EX II | MacBook Pro | Lightroom 4 | Lowepro Flipside Sport | pelican 1514

entrefoto
970 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Mar 15, 2006 17:39 as a reply to  @ entrefoto's post |  #3

this is how mine is mounted...there was a hole to the left side of the central part to put the screw, as you can see from the second pic, it m oved the frame just out of the way of the shutter button.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

6D | 35mm f/2 IS USM | 200mm f/2.8 L II | Lensbaby Spark | 430EX II | MacBook Pro | Lightroom 4 | Lowepro Flipside Sport | pelican 1514

tim
Light Bringer
50,916 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 15, 2006 17:57 |  #4

Great idea Mark, i'll have to try that, it's really been annoying me!

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

entrefoto
970 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Mar 15, 2006 18:03 as a reply to  @ tim's post |  #5

Before i purchased the frame, the salesman at Norman Camera and I tried every possible way we could configure it to get the best set up for vertical shots. he recommended taking the grip off, but i didn't wanna go for that :)

kickmaster
529 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 15, 2006 18:12 |  #6

Thanks for the great advice! I've often wondered how I might fix that problem.

Happy shooting!!!

Canon Forever! 5D III, 1DX, L Primes & Zooms, Kino-Flo, Einsteins, Diva Ringlight, Phottix Indra 500 TTL, Interfit S1's..... Full studio....

tbfoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
655 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Mar 15, 2006 18:21 |  #7

Mark...thanks for the photos. I see that you are not using a antitwist plate. I too thought that hole would line up better but with the antitwist plate mounted on it the holes wont line up. Do you have much trouble with the camera twisting without a plate?
I might have to simply take mine off then.

Tom

tbfoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
655 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Mar 15, 2006 18:27 |  #8

oh wow....I just took the antitwist plate off and mounted it like Mark did and it's ROCK SOLID!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!

Thanks

now to sell my antitwist plate..........

entrefoto
970 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Mar 15, 2006 18:59 as a reply to  @ tbfoto's post |  #9

Yeah, the guy i talked with at the camera store didn't not recommend the anti twist plate. i still have yet to use it for an extended period of time but for now it feels great as it seems you have noticed. glad i could help out :) made my first real contribution to this forum

tim
Light Bringer
50,916 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 15, 2006 19:55 |  #10

I hate using my Pro-T/20D/grip without an anti-twist plate, it goes all over the place and I ended up taking it off. Looks like I won't be able to use this system after all :(

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

PineCone
113 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 15, 2006 21:35 |  #11

sigh... i hope to join threads such as this one of these days when i have sufficient money to get some more equipment :) in the meantime, i'll be content reading on and learning from you guys

www.martincpvaleriano.​multiply.com (external link), http://www.modelmayhem​.com/262399 (external link)

Nyangay? :)

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Mar 15, 2006 21:45 |  #12

You don't have to have a lot of equipment to add an opinion. :)

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, 7D2, SL1, G12, iPad Pro, iPhone 6P, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

kickmaster
529 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 16, 2006 09:35 |  #13

I tried it without the anti-twist plate......I wouldn't recommend it! I'm going to try and enlarge the countersink area of the grip, then drill a new hole through the grip and the anti-twist plate. That should do it!

Canon Forever! 5D III, 1DX, L Primes & Zooms, Kino-Flo, Einsteins, Diva Ringlight, Phottix Indra 500 TTL, Interfit S1's..... Full studio....

BLINN
587 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Mar 16, 2006 09:57 |  #14

That is great, why didn't I think of that. Duh???

MBCL Photography
Michael Blinn
Your Eye's the Limit:cool:
http://mbclphotography​.com (external link)

tbfoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
655 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Mar 16, 2006 21:09 as a reply to  @ BLINN's post |  #15

Yes.... I drilled a new hole into my anti-twist plate and now all is as it should be.

Tom

sponsored links

8,075 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone here use a Stroboframe Pro-T with a 20D w/grip
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.