Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family
Thread started 01 May 2017 (Monday) 11:01
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Mother & Daughter Day

FreeSoul1987
Joined Jul 2012
Southern Indiana
May 01, 2017 11:01 |  #1

My friend asked me to take photos of her and her daughter this weekend. It was pretty difficult, I've photographer Aurora (the little girl) in my studio before and she did really well, but this time she wasn't cooperating. She would hardly look at the camera, she'd barely smile and if she did it was more a constipated look than anything.... it was pretty difficult but I tried and I'll post the best pics of both of them and you can tell me what you think and what I could do better next time.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*
www.FreeSoulPhotograph​y.smugmug.comexternal link
Gear: Canon T2i, 430EX II flash, Tamron 18-270mm VC PZD II, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens

FreeSoul1987
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2012
Southern Indiana
May 01, 2017 11:01 |  #2

Two more

HOSTED PHOTO
HOSTED PHOTO

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*
Gear: Canon T2i, 430EX II flash, Tamron 18-270mm VC PZD II, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens

mamaof2
Goldmember
Joined May 2014
Post has been last edited 7 months ago by mamaof2. 2 edits done in total.
May 06, 2017 06:57 |  #3

You have to be careful on the time of day you take outdoor pics. With the sun high it casts hard shadows. The color seems a little off in these pictures, almost giving a green tint to the skin in the first pic. Also be careful on you angles when taking the pictures. The ones where they are in the slide your eye goes right to their feet first. The pictures also seem to have them dead center in the frame. You can also post this over in the CC area and will get more responses and get it from people way more experienced then me :-P

Jessi
T4i/Nifty fifty/ 18-55/ DCR 250 macro attachment/ 55-250 stm/ Few old film lenses
flickrexternal link

FreeSoul1987
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2012
Southern Indiana
May 06, 2017 10:00 |  #4

mamaof2 wrote in post #18347673 (external link)
You have to be careful on the time of day you take outdoor pics. With the sun high it casts hard shadows. The color seems a little off in these pictures, almost giving a green tint to the skin in the first pic. Also be careful on you angles when taking the pictures. The ones where they are in the slide your eye goes right to their feet first. The pictures also seem to have them dead center in the frame. You can also post this over in the CC area and will get more responses and get it from people way more experienced then me :-P

I'll admit, the time of day wasn't great and all those green leaves made it real difficult to get rid of the green tint.
Personally the mother (and I) like the slide positions but their feet and her pale legs are a bit distracting..... Unfortunately the slide part was the only time the daughter was actually smiling, she was really difficult during this session :)

713 views & 1 like for this thread
Mother & Daughter Day
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.