Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing
Thread started 01 May 2017 (Monday) 15:10
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Downloading Resolve 14... have a ton of clips... where to start?

kaitlyn2004
Goldmember
1,560 posts
Joined Oct 2009
May 01, 2017 15:10 |  #1

Just got back from a trip and I have a TON of clips from my DJI Mavic, GoPro Hero5 and a few from my 5D Mark IV. Almost entirely 4K. I imagine that color and the de-fisheye of gopro are some of the last steps, and first steps being actually laying out my timeline + audio for video?

I think for this first video I'm going to try putting together will just be a single audio file I already have and attempting to layout the clips in line with the beats and tempo.

I came across this:
https://fstoppers.com ...25-less-35-minutes-173801 (external link)

Though it might be too out of date given the new 14 beta? Any good tutorials or advice to getting started with resolve - and video editing in general?

I've got an i7 CPU and plenty of ram, though my graphics card isn't fantastic. I've heard about downscaling/sampling the video clips to make them easier to work with? My intended output is 1080p, though I ended to zoom in/crop at least some of my source 4k content...

New Zealand Travel Photography (external link)
My Instagram (external link)

2,327 views & 0 likes for this thread
Downloading Resolve 14... have a ton of clips... where to start?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.