Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Weddings and Other Family Events
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th of March 2006 (Thu)   #1
rvt1000

Default First wedding (as 2nd shooter)

Hard, scratch that, impossible to find people to assist in Seattle so here are some shots i took at my friend's wedding as a 2nd shooter. First time and shot before i got my omnibounce so i know it's a bit harsh on light. It's hard being 2nd shooter since you can't really tell people where to go so I just kinda hung back and did what I could

Just getting the feel for photoshop as well so any c/c on that welcome as well.

c/c appreciated and image edits ok, just let me know what you did.

rvt1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 16th of March 2006 (Thu)   #2
tim
Light Bringer

Default Re: First wedding (as 2nd shooter)

#1 looks good but the processing seems to ruin it.
#2 is cool, maybe give the background a little color. I'd have tried to get the B&G up and left a little.
#3 good
#4 Again i'm not so hot on strong selective color. Maybe make the background sepia instead of B&W. Or have the background only partially desaturated.
#5 Not hugely flattering as she's about to talk, but not bad - a good shot. It's blue though, you need to adjust the white ballance.

A good start as a 2nd!
tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of March 2006 (Thu)   #3
BLINN

I like them all except #2 & #5. #5 can be saved if you do some manipulation and maybe convert to black and white. Over all though 3 out of 5 ain't bad. Keep on trying.
http://mbclphotography.com
BLINN is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 16th of March 2006 (Thu)   #4
queenbee288
Cream of the Crop

I only see two pics.
queenbee288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of March 2006 (Thu)   #5
kawter2
Goldmember

I only see 3 pics (one wide one with 3 images, starting with a pomegranate)

the second shot is well exposed and well lit.. I think the angle and composition make it a tad boring.. might want to lead the viewer in by framing the hands to lead the eyes vs having them dandling off to the side.. possibly a higher angle would make it more dramatic and emphasize here eyes& lashes a bit more

the other dont do much for me as i REALLY can't stand selective color and the angle of #3 gives her 4 chins

But all that said you have it down.. shoot shoot shoot as a 2nd, everyone starts there (or at least should) and we all go through tons of time developing and refining or own style

Wedding Blog
Eric J. Weddings
kawter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of March 2006 (Thu)   #6
rvt1000

ok thanks everyone, i did the best i could having no power to really butt in as a shooter...
thanks for the advice and i will try playing around on photoshop to change the effects as suggested..