Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events
Thread started 27 May 2017 (Saturday) 11:31
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Matt and Steven

Roamingbull
Joined Oct 2010
Oregon House CA
Post has been edited 6 months ago by Roamingbull.
May 27, 2017 11:31 |  #1

I have not visited for some time here. I thought I would return with a few from my last wedding. This was in direct sun, no shade, in the Sacramento Rose Gardens. These were their Sneak peeks. If anyone would like to see the rest, just comment. Just read the rules, and I cant embed them until asked. I did not know this was a rule, sorry....not really sure why??

IMAGE: https://scontent.fslc2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/s960x960/18422284_1477267362332018_976543400187182501_o.jpg?oh=87b931092a7e34af292a84f58447f03f&oe=59B97655

Why don't you take a picture, it will last longer....
My web site is Eternal Reflections (external link)
Gear List: Got lots of good stuff of my own, and I use Borrow Lens.com for the rest.

sponsored links
texkam
"Just let me be a stupid photographer."
1,126 posts
Joined Mar 2012
By The Lake in Big D
May 27, 2017 12:10 |  #2

The post processing is very inconsistent and not to my liking.

bildeb0rg
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2006
uk
May 28, 2017 01:24 |  #3

You need to resize your images before we can see them, unfortunately. I think we're up to about 1200 pixels on the long edge now?

Roamingbull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2010
Oregon House CA
May 29, 2017 02:54 |  #4

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Gear List: Got lots of good stuff of my own, and I use Borrow Lens.com for the rest.

Roamingbull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2010
Oregon House CA
May 29, 2017 02:55 as a reply to bildeb0rg's post |  #5

I put up a couple via the other method. Im in the process of editing several weddings, building a barn, and a ton of other chores... Trying to figure out how to get it right for the site is too much right now. Thanks for looking,

Amadauss
Joined Nov 2010
Lehigh Valley Pa
May 29, 2017 09:19 |  #6

Obviously it was hot and you cannot control this but we always have a towel and water along during days like this or suggest it to the couple to have them. I would have had him wipe the sweat off before taking it. I know, I know capturing the moment thing....but that shot could have been fixed or just redone. Using the 70-200 it looks to me you were still close enough to suggest but not sure. You can still fix it in photoshop. I always have a Hood loupe magnifier around my neck when taking photos these days. Getting old sucks with the eyes and I want to see a little better what I just took in many cases.

And the first one, just not a flattering pose. Might have changed the way their heads are leaning.

And I might have suggested some different outfits or shirts to wear.

Sorry for being so critical. I like the last one.

1-1Dx II 1-5D Mark 4, 3-5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 2-7D's, 70D, canon 70-200 2.8 L IS II, 24-70L II, 85 1.8, 85 1.2, 50mm, 135 mm F2 L, 17-40 , 24-105, Sigma 35 Art and 18-35 1.8, 600 EX's, Elinchrom RX and Phottix 500 strobes

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2007
Pa
May 29, 2017 13:53 |  #7

First thing I noticed was the dappled lighting and then the sweat on his forehead. Keep at it and good luck:)

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

erikfig
Goldmember
2,140 posts
Joined May 2012
Orlando, FL
Post has been last edited 6 months ago by erikfig. 2 edits done in total.
May 31, 2017 13:37 |  #8

No offense but you're not doing any justice to your equipment. Your focusing and PP definitely need some work.

Who cares about my gear?
FlickR (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Website (external link)

Roamingbull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2010
Oregon House CA
Jun 01, 2017 09:47 as a reply to Amadauss's post |  #9

Thanks for the cc. the close up sweaty one was the ceremony. They were very low budget. I was probably the most paid vendor there. The clothes were what they wanted to wear for their union.

No problem for being critical... I can take it. I really did like the first one, As for how flattering it was, the man at the tree is disabled, and limiting on posing with his head. I was more after capturing the emotion the two had for each other, and for him. It was as flattering as I could get... but Ill keep that in mind and try other options as well.

Roamingbull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2010
Oregon House CA
Jun 01, 2017 09:49 as a reply to scorpio_e's post |  #10

Lighting was tuff, directly overhead and a lattice for shade. Shadows were horrible. I did PP those out. ... I really did my best. This was the ceremony... vows. So not much I could do. Post processing to me would be too fake. I did do some PP for them as well, to give them options, but they were after natural exposures. So, I delivered what they were asking for to the best of my abilities. Thank you very much for the input.

Roamingbull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2010
Oregon House CA
Jun 01, 2017 09:54 as a reply to erikfig's post |  #11

I appreciate your cc, but limited statements like that are normally taken offensively by most people, even with the Simon cowl pre-qualifier "no offense" I am not offended however. Perhaps offer more specific information on what needs done? The last image is softer than what the original is. May be due to the auto sizing?? not sure, but it was sharp on my end and my clients end. The first one is intentionally soft. That is my style... little unorthodox I know..

erikfig
Goldmember
2,140 posts
Joined May 2012
Orlando, FL
Post has been last edited 6 months ago by erikfig. 2 edits done in total.
Jun 01, 2017 12:09 |  #12

Roamingbull wrote in post #18368267 (external link)
I appreciate your cc, but limited statements like that are normally taken offensively by most people, even with the Simon cowl pre-qualifier "no offense" I am not offended however. Perhaps offer more specific information on what needs done? The last image is softer than what the original is. May be due to the auto sizing?? not sure, but it was sharp on my end and my clients end. The first one is intentionally soft. That is my style... little unorthodox I know..

My apologies.

Second image is just fine. The 1st and 2nd are soft and on the cold side. Also some contrast will help here a lot. Not sure if you have any lights but some fill light with a speedlight or softbox could've make this images pop. Also just a bit of saturation on the colors. They looks happy and that's what's matter. :D

Who cares about my gear?
FlickR (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Website (external link)

Roamingbull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2010
Oregon House CA
Jun 02, 2017 10:31 as a reply to erikfig's post |  #13

Thank you, I can see what your saying on the fill light. I've used my Speed light and some OCF in low light situations, but Ill admit I am not very confidant using it for fill in high lighting. I know it will make my work stand out better and this cc will put a candle under my butt to learn that specific situation and overall. Lighting/flash is my weakness. I do have a soft style, I even edit my images to that effect. But, after looking at the last one with your cc in mind, it would have been better sharper... Ill go back to my RAWS and see if there is one that is so.

Thanks much!

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2007
Pa
Jun 02, 2017 12:16 |  #14

You may also want to think about the pose on the first one. Crossed arms means the person is in a defensive position and unapproachable.. :) Just trying to help.

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

Roamingbull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2010
Oregon House CA
Jun 02, 2017 12:46 as a reply to scorpio_e's post |  #15

I can see that, your right. Thanks.. Makes total sense. Ill keep that in mind on my next one.

sponsored links

2,353 views & 3 likes for this thread
Matt and Steven
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.