Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre People Talk
Thread started 27 May 2017 (Saturday) 14:33
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Question Regarding Website Photography Etiquette

Twin ­ Turbo
758 posts
Joined Jan 2009
Florida
May 27, 2017 14:33 |  #1

Hello all! I used to post a lot of my "action" on this forum years ago but time has caught up with me and alas, I no longer do nightclub photography (let alone, go to nightclubs in the first place) but I have some questions that I know I can get some answers from here from members of this forum: I have checked out a lot of the recent posts here and you have some great work. Now, have you ever had a person say, email or even call you to ask you to remove their photo(s) that you took of that person off your site or whichever club/bar/pub website you have control over? Have you ever had someone complain to you that the photo(s) make that person "look bad" even though it may be of them just having a drink with friends or just dancing but the person insisted for you to take the photo down anyways? I ask because here in Florida, there are a lot of photographers that it has happened to but not me (knock on wood.) My Flickr has been there since 2008 and I never had a single complaint. Maybe I got lucky. Who knows? I just want to know if it has happened to any of you and what have you done about it. Take it down for good karma and not be an ass or..............leave it up on the site? What are your experiences? Thanks for sharing, keep up the great work and be safe!

Canon 40D Gripped/Tokina 11-16mm F2.8/600EX RT/One Minnen Ratta and other goodies.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/twinturbophoto/ (external link)

ThreeHounds
Joined Mar 2014
Delray Beach, Fl USA
May 30, 2017 07:33 |  #2

I have only once had anyone ask me to take down a photo that is on one of my sites. It was a business owner mingling in a bar with others, with a drink in their hands.
They politely asked me to remove it, and I did. As you say... good karma.

5D MkIII | 7D | Bronica ETRS
24-105 f/4 L | 17-40 f/4 L | 70-300 f/4 L | 105 f/3.5 Zenzanon | Tamron SP90 f/2.8 Di Macro VC USM
flickr (external link)

joedlh
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2007
Long Island, NY, N. America, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea.
May 30, 2017 08:22 |  #3

The only time someone asked me to take down photos were ones that I took of an aspiring teen singer in a public concert that had no photography restrictions. I put them on my website. As a courtesy, I e-mailed the url to her team. Her manager (uncle, I think) contacted me to ask if they could use one on her CD. I think I replied that we should talk terms. The next I heard from him was an unfriendly letter demanding that I take all the photos down, as they owned the rights to her image and I didn't have their permission to post them publicly. I responded that he was in fact wrong about the law. I was not interested in getting involved in a brouhaha with amateurs. So I took them down anyway. If they didn't want free publicity, it wasn't any skin off my nose. In any event, her career never took off as they no doubt anticipated it would.

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​texternal link
Editing ok

bpalermini
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2011
Ashland, Oregon
May 30, 2017 09:17 |  #4

I have been asked to take a photo down once and I did. It was a picture of a band member and she did not like how she looked. I thought represented well what she looked like for much of the time she was performing.

Bob Palermini
1DX, 14 Rokinon, 16-35L, 24-70L II, 100L, 70-200 IS 2.8L, 300 IS 2.8L, 400mm 2.8 IS II, 1.4xIII, 2xIII, 580EXII, YN560IV, RRS TVC23 + BH55, LRCC, Fuji X-E2, Fuji X30
My Web Site (external link) | My Sports Portfolio (external link)

1,838 views & 0 likes for this thread
Question Regarding Website Photography Etiquette
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre People Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.