Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Urban Life & Travel Talk
Thread started 30 May 2017 (Tuesday) 20:59
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

NYC trip coming up soon. Suggestions?

J-Blake
Great Googley Moogley!
Joined Dec 2009
Westminster, CO
May 30, 2017 20:59 |  #1

Hi all,

I'll be taking a short vacation to NYC in a few days and am looking for any/all suggestions. I'm a landscape shooter by preference, but I can get my hands dirty with any form of photography. The couple shots I've already scoped out is of the Belevedere Castle and Top of the Rock, otherwise, I'm in your hands. Any and all suggestions are very much appreciated. TIA, Jon

Jon
So much to learn, so little time.
A few worthy shotsexternal link

sponsored links
vilimo
527 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Jun 01, 2017 11:29 |  #2

You can get nice skyline view from Brooklyn Bridge Park (walk across it to get from Manhattan to Brooklyn)
https://www.google.com ...02913!4d-73.9966995?hl=en (external link)

Alternatively, you can take the Staten Island Ferry (free) and see the skyline too. These are the common / typical NYC shots. There are lots of other places / areas around Central Park.

J-Blake
THREAD ­ STARTER
Great Googley Moogley!
Joined Dec 2009
Westminster, CO
Jun 01, 2017 12:22 |  #3

vilimo wrote in post #18368358 (external link)
You can get nice skyline view from Brooklyn Bridge Park (walk across it to get from Manhattan to Brooklyn)
https://www.google.com ...02913!4d-73.9966995?hl=en (external link)

Alternatively, you can take the Staten Island Ferry (free) and see the skyline too. These are the common / typical NYC shots. There are lots of other places / areas around Central Park.

Awesome! Thanks Vilimo

Jon
So much to learn, so little time.
A few worthy shotsexternal link

gossamer88
"something else"
Joined Aug 2014
NYC
Jun 01, 2017 12:51 |  #4

I would definitely check out the Oculus at the WTC.

Canon 5D Mark IV | Tamron 70-200mm G2 | Tamron 24-70mm G2 | 85mm 1.8 | 50mm STM | 35mm f/2 IS | Powershot G9 X | iPhone 6s
flickr (external link)

F2Bthere
749 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Jun 01, 2017 15:09 |  #5

"New York Photographer's Travel Guide" available as a Kindle book.

I'm not affiliated with the author.

https://www.instagram.​com/storyinpictures_co​m/ (external link)

wallstreetoneil
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2014
Toronto Canada
Jun 01, 2017 15:44 |  #6

I second the walk across the Brooklyn Bridge - I lived there for 3 years and this was the #1 thing I had visitors do and they loved it. Continue your walk completely across the bridge and into Brooklyn Heights, stop for a nice meal, and then go to the waterfront and you will get a 2nd amazing view of Lower Manhattan.

Obviously the famous Gapstow Bridge in lower central park, enter the park at 59th and 5th, gives you a very famous from the movies scene of Central Park with a Manhattan skyline.

Other notable Central Park photos
- Central Park Carousel
- The Statues of the Mall
- Balto Statue (if you have kids)
- The Mall and LIterary Walk
- Bethesda Fountain
- Hans Christian Andersen Statue
- Alice in Wonderland Statue
- Delacorte Theatre
- Great Lawn

- sitting on the steps of The Metropolitan Museum of Art

- picture inside Grand Central Station on 42nd Street

- Times Square

- Washington Square Park

- The Charging Bull

Hockey and wedding photographer. Favourite camera / lens combos: a 1DX II with a Tamron 45 1.8 VC, an A7Rii with a Canon 24-70F2.8L II, and a 5DSR with a Tamron 85 1.8 VC. Every lens I own I strongly recommend [Canon (35Lii, 100L Macro, 24-70F2.8ii, 70-200F2.8ii, 100-400Lii), Tamron (45 1.8, 85 1.8), Sigma 24-105]. If there are better lenses out there let me know because I haven't found them.

sponsored links

2,179 views & 0 likes for this thread
NYC trip coming up soon. Suggestions?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Urban Life & Travel Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.