Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras
Thread started 30 May 2017 (Tuesday) 21:58
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Show us your Sony a9 Images!

TRhoads
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2009
Roswell, Georgia
Oct 19, 2017 07:51 |  #76

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #18475708 (external link)
I've heard some people complain about the DR on the a9. I don't think it has any issues whatsoever. It won't match the a7RII, but blows my 5DIII out of the water.

my guess, is the only people complaining about it, are people used to the DR of the A7R2! Shooting with both, and editing the files of both, I do see a difference, but both are still miles beyond where the Canon files can go...

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

mystik610
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2012
Houston, TX
Oct 19, 2017 08:09 |  #77

The a7rII definitely has more DR...1 stop in real world shooting.

That said, the difference only comes into play in really extreme cases. 4 stop push or 3 stop push with +100 on the shadow slider. There are times when the lighting in the scene calls for pushing a file that hard, but in most cases it flattens the contrast to much and it starts to look like an over-zealous HDR. The a9's DR is more than adequate for most shots.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α9 - Zeiss Loxia 21 - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - 85GM - Sony 70-200GM

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
10,863 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Oct 19, 2017 09:24 |  #78

For those of you with the Sony a9, SAR reports there is a new firmware release for the FE70-200GM and 100-400GM that improves AF with the a9.

You can read about it and find links to the firmware here:

https://www.sonyalphar​umors.com ...00mm-100-400mm-gm-lenses/ (external link)

Gene - My Photo Gallery ||external link My USS Oriskany websiteexternal link || My Flickrexternal link
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

TRhoads
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2009
Roswell, Georgia
Oct 20, 2017 07:46 |  #79

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4460/37779040042_7e5f74709a_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Zyps​pm] (external link)Old School (external link) by Travis Rhoads (external link), on Flickr

this is a very heavy crop from the a9...but I forgot to adjust my export settings and it exported out to the same settings that I had been using on images from the A7R2, 6000 on the long side...and there is no IQ loss at all from the original crop...blows my mind. That tells me I can print really big from this body too...this could not have been more than 1/3 of the original frame...love this camera more and more everytime I use it.

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2013
Houston, Texas
Nov 03, 2017 20:13 |  #80

World Champs! From the parade today.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Canon 5D-Canon 5D Mark III-Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V-Sony a9-Tamron SP 17-35mm 2.8-4 Di LD IF-Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L II USM-Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II-EF 135mm f2 L USM||Sony FE 24-70mm f2.8 GM-Sony Sonnar T*FE 35mm f2.8 ZA-Yongnuo 600EX-RT x3-Godox V860II-S-Canon BG-E4-Canon BG-E11-Sony VG-C3EM

7,487 views & 90 likes for this thread
Show us your Sony a9 Images!
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.