Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Macro Talk
Thread started 02 Jun 2017 (Friday) 11:19
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

New macro diffuser for MT24-EX

JasonC007
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2012
Derbyshire
Oct 06, 2017 03:51 |  #76

On another note... I've decided not pursue the flexi arm solution because you can buy these setups already on ebay for about £8 from China! I will probably make one for myself but I won't offer them to anyone as I can't make them cheap enough. I will be sticking to the mounts I already make but I'll probably tweak them a little.

Canon 80D | 24-105L | 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | MP-E65 f/2.8 1-5x Macro | Tamron 150-600 | Sigma 10mm Fisheye | EF 24mm f/2.8 Pancake | MT-24EX | 600EX-RT |
Flickr (external link) | Google+ (external link)

sponsored links
Dalantech
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2006
Bacoli, Italy
Oct 06, 2017 04:08 |  #77

I was looking at the new diffuser that Canon is bundling with the MMT-26 EX RT and wondered if you could 3D print a diffuser that could be glued to the Canon one? The new indentations on the MT-26 might allow for a heavier diffuser without having to use a strap if the diffuser can take advantage of the new mounts on the flash heads.

My Gallery (external link)
My Blog (external link)
Macro Tutorials (external link)

JasonC007
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2012
Derbyshire
Oct 06, 2017 04:27 as a reply to Dalantech's post |  #78

Yes that is most likely possible, I'd have to see what the diffusers were like first. However gluing isn't really the nicest way of attaching them, especially if you want to change something. If not the straps I am using are by far the best way I've found of attaching them so far as they hold the body really tight and are virtually indestructible!

Canon 80D | 24-105L | 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | MP-E65 f/2.8 1-5x Macro | Tamron 150-600 | Sigma 10mm Fisheye | EF 24mm f/2.8 Pancake | MT-24EX | 600EX-RT |
Flickr (external link) | Google+ (external link)

Archibald
You must be quackers!
Joined May 2008
Calgary
Oct 06, 2017 10:09 |  #79

Dalantech wrote in post #18467035 (external link)
I was looking at the new diffuser that Canon is bundling with the MMT-26 EX RT ...

What do you think of the stock Canon diffusers? They look like Gary Fong knock-offs to me from the images online. -?

Hasselblad 500 C/M with 80mm/2.8 Zeiss Planar (trying to sell it); Pentax Spotmatic F with 28/3.5, 50/1.4, 50/1.8, 135/3.5; Canon digital gear
C&C always welcome.
Picture editing OK

Dalantech
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2006
Bacoli, Italy
Post has been edited 10 days ago by Dalantech.
Oct 06, 2017 10:17 |  #80

Archibald wrote in post #18467210 (external link)
What do you think of the stock Canon diffusers? They look like Gary Fong knock-offs to me from the images online. -?

More like a Sto-Fen but with a bigger clip on the side to hold it in place, maybe a little more opaque, and it looks like there is more contact between the diffuser and the flash heads. Looks more mechanically sturdy, but I doubt that the diffusion will look good unless you're shooting at 4x and higher with the MP-E 65mm.

My Blog (external link)

Archibald
You must be quackers!
Joined May 2008
Calgary
Oct 06, 2017 10:20 |  #81

Dalantech wrote in post #18467213 (external link)
More like a Sto-Fen but with a bigger clip on the side to hold it in place, maybe a little more opaque, and it looks like there is more contact between the diffuser and the flash heads. Looks more mechanically sturdy, but I doubt that the diffusion will look good unless you're shooting at 4x and higher with the MP-E 65mm.

Yeah, that's what I thought. But the attachment points on the heads might serve well for DIY diffusers.

Hasselblad 500 C/M with 80mm/2.8 Zeiss Planar (trying to sell it); Pentax Spotmatic F with 28/3.5, 50/1.4, 50/1.8, 135/3.5; Canon digital gear
C&C always welcome.
Picture editing OK

Dalantech
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2006
Bacoli, Italy
Oct 06, 2017 11:15 |  #82

Archibald wrote in post #18467217 (external link)
...But the attachment points on the heads might serve well for DIY diffusers.

That's what I'm hoping.

My Blog (external link)

sponsored links

10,249 views & 18 likes for this thread
New macro diffuser for MT24-EX
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Macro Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.