Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 05 Jun 2017 (Monday) 01:33
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Vello Macrofier Reverse Mount Adapter Advise?

BushWacker
Goldmember
1,483 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2011
Lake Tahoe, USA
Jun 05, 2017 01:33 |  #1

Has anyone used the Vello Reverse Mount Adapter: Click Here (external link)

They have them pretty cheap so I'm thinking about getting one.

Do you have aperture adjustment with one?

"When I shoot something I use a Canon!"
-------------- Flickr (external link)| Gear List --------------

sponsored links
Temma
Joined Sep 2009
Rocky River, Ohio
Jun 05, 2017 15:32 |  #2

I recently did some research on these for use with a manual bellows.

Most of what I read was positive, at least with regard to using reversed Canon lenses.

BushWacker
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,483 posts
Joined Dec 2011
Lake Tahoe, USA
Jun 05, 2017 15:36 |  #3

I was thinking it might be good, hoping to get feedback form someone who has used one. For the price it is probably worth the experiment.

BushWacker
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,483 posts
Joined Dec 2011
Lake Tahoe, USA
Jun 12, 2017 02:22 |  #4

Well I bought one and it didn't work at all. It didn't communicate on either my 70d or 5DsR. I couldn't even take pictures at all I would just get a communication error message. I just returned it, I didn't have time to mess with it and it's not that important to me. If I want to get serious with Macro I'll just get the MPE65.

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,375 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Jun 12, 2017 06:17 |  #5

Check the (19) reviews at https://www.bhphotovid​eo.com ...everse_mount_adapte​r.html (external link). It seems to work, but as one person states "Works as expected, but know what you're getting...".

BushWacker
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,483 posts
Joined Dec 2011
Lake Tahoe, USA
Jun 12, 2017 15:41 |  #6

I know I read these before I bought it and thought I'd give it a try because it was on sale. I admit I didn't give it much effort, I only tried in it Aperture Priority mode but that is what I wanted to used it for. Had I only 1 camera I would have given it more effort but since it didn't work on either camera I gave up quickly. I really didn't care about auto-focus but auto-exposure was my goal. Problem was I couldn't even take a picture at all because I got this communication error message. Too bad it looks like a good piece of equipment, I just wish I could use it.

mcoren
Joined Mar 2015
Northern Virginia, USA
Jun 12, 2017 18:27 |  #7

Sorry to hear that, BushWacker. It looks like a clever piece of gear, and Vello usually makes decent stuff. I imagine the lens-body interface is pretty complicated, both in terms of the messaging and the high-speed timing requirements, and there are only so many combinations a third party company can test.

Mike

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM, 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Canon Speedlite 430EX II

sponsored links

4,807 views & 0 likes for this thread
Vello Macrofier Reverse Mount Adapter Advise?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.