Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands
Thread started 22 Jun 2017 (Thursday) 11:10
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

What to do with old/antique gear?

Foodguy
Goldmember
1,323 posts
Joined Mar 2012
Having too much fun in the studio
Jun 23, 2017 16:55 |  #16

This is what I ended up doing with mine...People seem to enjoy looking at them and playing with them during a shoot as they bring back a lot of memories- fwiw.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My answer for most photography questions: "it depends...'

IQ ­ Zero
THREAD ­ STARTER
738 posts
Joined Mar 2011
In Absentia
Post has been edited 3 months ago by IQ Zero.
Jun 23, 2017 22:31 |  #17

PhotoGuy thanks for the link! and cool shot. That gives me a good idea of what i should do with them.

ZoneV I like the idea of getting a fast lens ... now just finding the time.
Yes is a Minolta IV F & Tokina 80-200mm f/2.8, Soligor 105mm 2.8, Cosina 135mm 2.8 & 2 Olympus 24mm 2.8 & 50mm 1.8

Butts i agree i will keep it and try and use it one of these days

airfrogusmc it is a Pentax spotmeter V. I think they will get displayed first and use second

kf095 i would keep them as i like antiques anyway. there is a lot of other stuff that came with it, plates for holding the film and such. wood squares that look like they need a lens and would work with Graflex or Graphic view. i found what looks to be a first run leatherman and the weirdest thing is the skull of an animal.

i guess someday someone will be going thru my stuff like this after i take my dirt nap

I'm No Rocket Surgeon

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
Joined May 2007
Oak Park, Illinois
Post has been last edited 3 months ago by airfrogusmc. 2 edits done in total.
Jun 24, 2017 07:33 |  #18

Yep I had one and is a must for new zone system photographers because of the dial on the side. At a glance you at the dial you can see where your zones are all failing. IIRC the company Zone VI actually made a card that fir directly on the dial with zones printed on it. Great meter.

Foodguy
Goldmember
1,323 posts
Joined Mar 2012
Having too much fun in the studio
Jun 25, 2017 14:59 |  #19

IQ Zero wrote in post #18385619 (external link)
airfrogusmc it is a Pentax spotmeter V. I think they will get displayed first and use second

Ha! I said 'Honeywell'...showing my age. :p

My answer for most photography questions: "it depends...'

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
Joined May 2007
Oak Park, Illinois
Post has been edited 3 months ago by airfrogusmc.
Jun 25, 2017 17:53 |  #20

Foodguy wrote in post #18386754 (external link)
Ha! I said 'Honeywell'...showing my age. :p

Speaking of honeywell I had a couple of 610 pressmasters.

IQ yes it is a spotmeter V and a company called zone VI made a card that you could buy that went on the dial with the zones printed on it. It made it easy to see where the zones were falling in relationship to what zone that you wanted to place your shadow thus making it easy fairly easy to figure out your development times.

1,613 views & 7 likes for this thread
What to do with old/antique gear?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.