Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras
Thread started 26 Jun 2017 (Monday) 07:12
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Sigma Art series on Sony FF bodies

dwaisman11
32 posts
Joined Apr 2017
Jun 26, 2017 07:12 |  #1

Can anyone share their experience with Sigma Lenses with A7x FF bodies ?
I'm considering switching to them, most of the reviews I've seen are all over the place. I like Sony FF lens line up but are much pricier than the Sigma.
Most people agree that the Sigma MC-11 Mount for the E-Mount series works fast and well. I wanted to hear any feedback from an actual Sony shooter with this setup.

Best Regards

Photography tours (external link) at Photo Tours South America (external link)

mystik610
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2012
Houston, TX
Jun 26, 2017 08:19 |  #2

What are you shooting?

I experimented with a bit. It works very well for casual use but it can be temperamental. I wouldn't recommend it for professional use but if you can deal with the occasional quirks it's a nice option.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α9 - Zeiss Loxia 21 - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - 85GM - Sony 70-200GM

dwaisman11
THREAD ­ STARTER
32 posts
Joined Apr 2017
Jun 26, 2017 09:47 as a reply to mystik610's post |  #3

Thank you for the answer. I was considering for portrait and fitness work.
The issue here is that it's priced at a premium, but lower than native glass. Yet, it's a hard proposition if it fails randomly.

Thank you once again for the feedback. I guess It would be wise to rent the adapter and some lenses to test them out.

Photography tours (external link) at Photo Tours South America (external link)

Pencilnink
55 posts
Joined Oct 2012
San Jose, CA
Jun 28, 2017 02:50 |  #4

Which bodies are you looking into? The mc-11 on my A9 is a no go for weddings until they update firmware, but works fine with my A7Rii and A7ii.

I've been using it with the Sigma 35/50 art and my Canon L glass.

PKmode
423 posts
Joined Mar 2011
Milwaukee
Sep 12, 2017 11:14 |  #5

It is slow but the Art optics are great. I am slowly selling off my Art lenses after switching to Sony. I do like the glass otherwise but it never focuses near native AF speeds or accuracy. Lots of hunting. If your subjects aren't moving fast, it can be dealt with.

Becoming a gear junkie.:rolleyes:

742 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sigma Art series on Sony FF bodies
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.