Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets
Thread started 28 Jun 2017 (Wednesday) 13:29
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Where to go?

Overread
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2010
Jun 28, 2017 13:29 |  #1

So really unsure if this works or not; cut too much away (or rather grabbed too little as this was an in motion shot) or too much or the wrong angle?

Been messing around with a few different angles and perspectives in shots so a bit out of my depth to know if this "works" or not; it might just be that this angle works but the background lacks any real point of interest/draw for the viewer.

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4280/35593762015_c08ac11104_b.jpg

As always any comments/crits are most welcome.

Tools of the trade: Canon 400D, Canon 7D, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS L M2, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS, Canon MPE 65mm f2.8 macro, Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro, Tamron 24-70mm f2.4, Sigma 70mm f2.8 macro, Sigma 8-16mm f4.5-5.6, Raynox DCR 250, loads of teleconverters and a flashy thingy too
My flickr (external link)

greyswan
Joined Dec 2007
Ontario Canada
Post has been edited 5 months ago by greyswan.
Jun 29, 2017 04:29 |  #2

I think this angle would work as a closer crop - focusing on and drawing the attention to the eye of the horse. I'd cut out most of the rider, just showing the hands and knees basically. In this particular image the rider is a little off-balance, which throws the pic off. If you have any room lower in the pic, I'd retain some of that, around mid-calf on the rider if possible.

Horse shows are tough to shoot - you did well really.

Cheers,
Chris.

Chris
A clean house is a sign that my computer's broken...
gallery:https://ephemerastudio​.smugmug.com/ (external link)
Gear: 50D, 300 f4L, 70-200 f4L, 100 1.28 Macro, nifty fifty.

520 views & 0 likes for this thread
Where to go?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.