Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk
Thread started 28 Jun 2017 (Wednesday) 14:44
Prev/next

About guy's stuff...

this thread is locked
icor1031
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2015
Post has been edited 4 months ago by icor1031.
Jun 29, 2017 06:46 |  #16

OhLook wrote in post #18389512 (external link)
Actually, I was thinking about clothing. Maybe there are shirts that are long enough if not tucked in.

Another idea: Get plenty of experience with fully clothed female models, in nonprovocative poses, so you can judge your comfort level before venturing on partly clothed and so forth. Desensitization happens.

I do fine with shooting clothed girls. :)

(2) Canon 6D || Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2 || Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 || Sigma 85mm f/1.4 || Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 || Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art || Canon 24mm f/2.8 || Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 || (2) Eg-S Focusing Screen
T3i || Elan 7n || Cotton Carrier || Streaklight 360 || i1display Pro || Colormunki Photo

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,187 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Sandy, Oregon
Jun 29, 2017 07:02 |  #17

OhLook wrote in post #18389512 (external link)
Actually, I was thinking about clothing. Maybe there are shirts that are long enough if not tucked in.

Another idea: Get plenty of experience with fully clothed female models, in nonprovocative poses, so you can judge your comfort level before venturing on partly clothed and so forth. Desensitization happens.

Desensitization is a great idea, maybe thats also what I have going for me, we live in the strip club capital of the US. And in my younger days I was a big supporter. Nowadays I can go in and order food and watch the football game and could care less about the dancers.

Also go into the shoot with a professional mindset, and think about the technical side as you work the shoot. Some of my regular models have had pretty open conversations with us about other photographers they have worked with, and having a noticeable reaction is not something that keeps them coming back.

saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
Joined Jan 2010
Florida
Jun 29, 2017 07:21 |  #18

I read through this whole thing and obviously I'm missing something.

OP....are you a model or the photographer? If you're the latter......forgive me but you're seriously worried about becoming physically excited when shooting a nude or scantily clad model? Again, I mean no offense but I'm guessing you're not 13 years old. I cannot for the life of me imagine that this would truly be a problem. Even if it were to happen, you're wearing clothes, you're moving around. If you can get excited to the point where you are worried that your model might notice then I guess I would say to you.....congratulation​s. That's quite a feat to be able to do that under those conditions. If this truly is a problem, wear tight underwear.

If you're a model and this were to happen, that would be completely normal and it is something that has happened many times before. As mentioned above, provide yourself some relief beforehand and if it still becomes a problem, I doubt very much anyone on the shoot is going to see it as a major problem. Its supposed to happen when two people get together in a sexual situation. Although, the circumstances of a photo shoot are anything but sexy, even when your posing with a nude model. She is a professional and I'm sure she has experienced this kind of thing in the past. Again, if it were to happen, it might just add to the pictures.

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob

icor1031
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2015
Post has been edited 4 months ago by icor1031.
Jun 29, 2017 16:17 |  #19

saea501 wrote in post #18389633 (external link)
I read through this whole thing and obviously I'm missing something.

OP....are you a model or the photographer? If you're the latter......forgive me but you're seriously worried about becoming physically excited when shooting a nude or scantily clad model? Again, I mean no offense but I'm guessing you're not 13 years old. I cannot for the life of me imagine that this would truly be a problem. Even if it were to happen, you're wearing clothes, you're moving around. If you can get excited to the point where you are worried that your model might notice then I guess I would say to you.....congratulation​s. That's quite a feat to be able to do that under those conditions. If this truly is a problem, wear tight underwear.

If you're a model and this were to happen, that would be completely normal and it is something that has happened many times before. As mentioned above, provide yourself some relief beforehand and if it still becomes a problem, I doubt very much anyone on the shoot is going to see it as a major problem. Its supposed to happen when two people get together in a sexual situation. Although, the circumstances of a photo shoot are anything but sexy, even when your posing with a nude model. She is a professional and I'm sure she has experienced this kind of thing in the past. Again, if it were to happen, it might just add to the pictures.

Photograher, almost 30, and apparently I have stronger drive than most teens. I don't consider it a blessing. :oops:

(2) Canon 6D || Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2 || Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 || Sigma 85mm f/1.4 || Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 || Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art || Canon 24mm f/2.8 || Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 || (2) Eg-S Focusing Screen
T3i || Elan 7n || Cotton Carrier || Streaklight 360 || i1display Pro || Colormunki Photo

tdlavigne
303 posts
Joined Mar 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Jun 29, 2017 21:03 |  #20

I've heard stories about male models on commercial shoots (usually posing with scantily clad women; think CK ads) getting a bit aroused and just being told to go to the restroom and sort it out and come back when they're no longer excited. It was told by a female model who said it happened once to her, and again with her roommate a while prior to that. She said it kinda like it was no biggie, and it just happens. Awkward for a sec, mostly just embarrassing for the male, but then they regroup in a couple minutes and get back to work.

I could tell you plenty of stories about male models told by art directors and also the models themselves about the various "tricks" to seem like they're well endowed that'd probably make a sailor blush. So really it's not that big a deal unless you make it one. Yes, ideally you'd learn to control yourself...but these things happen and as long as you're working with professionals, and acting like a professional, I doubt it's a big deal.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Jul 01, 2017 15:23 |  #21

icor1031 wrote in post #18390083 (external link)
Photograher, almost 30, and apparently I have stronger drive than most teens. I don't consider it a blessing. :oops:

It may be "more drive". . Or, more likely, it may be that you just haven't become desensitized to the extent that most of us have. . When you are constantly exposed to erotic stimuli, then eventually it doesn't really have much of an effect on you anymore.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

icor1031
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2015
Jul 01, 2017 15:33 |  #22

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18391867 (external link)

It may be "more drive". . Or, more likely, it may be that you just haven't become desensitized to the extent that most of us have. . When you are constantly exposed to erotic stimuli, then eventually it doesn't really have much of an effect on you anymore.

I'm looking forward to that!

Moose408
Joined Jan 2006
San Jose, CA
Jul 02, 2017 16:14 |  #23

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #18389459 (external link)
Hmmmm lets see I have shot close to 100 bikini or less sessions and the only time I had a reaction was the 1 time I got the wife to pose for me. Otherwise I am there to do a job, I find myself worrying about lights and poses, hardly noticing the naked model in front of the lens.

This.

If you are really focusing on the photography you will not even notice the model other than pose, framing, lighting, etc. I hardly even realize they are naked until I get home and look at the photos on my computer screen. My mind is concentrating on so many other things that sexy thoughts have no room.

It really is a non-issue.

Canon 5DmkII | 24-105mm f/4.0L IS | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 17-40mm f/4L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS | 50mm f/1.8
Photography Blogexternal link | 500pxexternal link | Model Mayhemexternal link

AzzKicker
Goldmember
1,085 posts
Joined Jul 2003
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
Jul 14, 2017 00:31 |  #24

Is this serious? Your almost 30? Grow up. There's a time and place and when someone is paying you to be professional you better be professional.

Ruben D. Zamora
www.rubenzamora.com (external link)
Canon 1Ds Mark III, 50mm 1.8, 24-105 F4 L, 580EX II, Genesis 200 Strobe

icor1031
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2015
Post has been last edited 4 months ago by icor1031. 12 edits done in total.
Jul 14, 2017 15:13 |  #25

AzzKicker wrote in post #18401659 (external link)
Is this serious? Your almost 30? Grow up. There's a time and place and when someone is paying you to be professional you better be professional.

Perhaps if this is a problem, I'm being professional instead of living in a bubble by getting advice before I dive in. DID YOU CONSIDER THAT?

Grow up and learn physiology, you ignorant man. Not everyone's body is like yours - my question is completely reasonable. And notice I didn't say this happens to me, I merely asked if it would (I've never tested it.) You have a very narrow concept of reality: yours is the only option.

For example: I got a (mild) hard when I did kickboxing. Not because I was sexually excited, but because of the adrenaline/fear/rush - which causes (for some, or all?) pooling of blood in the pelvis. The same thing (more than mild) happens if I cry, for the same reason - and I'm not able to stop it, I've tried.

Also, your spelling betrays you.

Others: forgive my rant. I get angry with people who have tunnel vision and scold you because they believe the solitary possibility that came to their mind absolutely has to be the correct one, there are no other options.

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,706 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Jul 14, 2017 15:23 |  #26

OK, T.M.I. was over the top already here, but now we are fighting and name calling.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

2,505 views & 7 likes for this thread
About guy's stuff...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.