Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 08 Jul 2017 (Saturday) 11:06
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

7D MARK III

mcoren
Joined Mar 2015
Northern Virginia, USA
Sep 28, 2017 07:02 |  #31

DreDaze wrote in post #18461917 (external link)
there's no telling what canon will do...the 70D had wifi before the 7DIII came out...

That's a good point (assuming you meant to say 7DII not III). It's all marketing and "product positioning." If the 7Diii is going to be aimed at the high end, i.e. pros, Canon might make the determination that wireless connectivity is more of an "amateur" feature. They could decide that pros tend to want to review and post-process their images before presenting them, so such connectivity isn't needed. Amateurs (Rebel customers), the thinking might go, are more inclined to take a snapshot and want to post it to social media immediately. For studio setups, they would have the USB connectivity they've had for years (hopefully bumped up to USB 3 or C?).

Not saying I agree, just that they could very likely decide not to include it. Personally, in the 3 years I've had my 70D, I think I've turned on the WiFi twice. It always seemed like too much of a pain to get it connected. A card reader attached to my computer is much faster and easier. I'd rather have the built-in GPS tagging of the 7Dii.

Mike

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM, 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Canon Speedlite 430EX II

sponsored links
TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
32,235 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been last edited 1 month ago by TeamSpeed. 7 edits done in total.
Sep 28, 2017 07:37 |  #32

WiFi is not an amateur thing. Just because you don't use it much doesn't mean it isn't extremely useful in the pro space. Since the 5D4 has it, and the 7D3 would be the APS-C equivalent, I am quite sure it will have it. Also to lend credibility to that statement, Canon actually created a niche market product to provide WiFi easily and cheaply to the 7D2 and 5DS series specifically. Why go through the R&D, marketing and manufacturing of such a device to provide WiFi to 3 models unless there was a need established for those models?

WiFi will undoubtedly be a part of every camera Canon produces from this point forward, especially given the world we are in.

What Canon needs to be working on would be a whole new host of features and functions, whether copied from competition or innovative within the walls at Canon, and decide which models will get which features/functions/har​dware, instead of just juggling the existing ones they have had for years on different models. There are only so many combinations of AF system/Wifi/GPS/Flip LCD/Touch Screen/Max Shutter that you can do across 7+ model lines, not to mention those are "old" features at this point and do nothing during new camera introductions.

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
12,109 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Oct 01, 2017 01:33 |  #33

Of course rumours are rumours. 1DX II focusing? That would be something if true. I think Canon may have to d this to compete with the D500.

https://www.dailycamer​anews.com ...ark-iii-specs-leaked-web/ (external link)

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
53,248 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
Oct 01, 2017 10:58 |  #34

digital paradise wrote in post #18463765 (external link)
Of course rumours are rumours. 1DX II focusing? That would be something if true. I think Canon may have to d this to compete with the D500.

https://www.dailycamer​anews.com ...ark-iii-specs-leaked-web/ (external link)

And the Sony A7III. Sure it's a FF camera but it's hitting the same price point.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
Joined May 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Oct 01, 2017 11:51 |  #35

I wonder if I'll ever be among the first users of a new camera body... no matter the brand. I wasn't happy to have my 7D2 start acting up. It was early enough in the production run that Canon had no idea how to fix things. They ended up replacing it. By that time, I was on to the 1D IV and sold the new 7D2 before trying it.

If I end up being interested in the 7D3, I'll definitely wait until things have settled out before I buy one.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1D IV | 6Dc | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS |100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
12,109 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Oct 01, 2017 12:06 |  #36

I said I would not be a first adopter again. I waited a while with for my 5D4 but I never had any issues with the 3 predecessors so I was confident. It was more of which direction to take. If it truly is offered with 1DX II focusing, not a hybrid then I don't know. Restraint may be difficult. Maybe a few weeks :-)

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
17,719 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Mar 2006
S.F. Bay Area
Oct 01, 2017 12:13 |  #37

gjl711 wrote in post #18463958 (external link)
And the Sony A7III. Sure it's a FF camera but it's hitting the same price point.

Does anyone use sony for sports/wildlife though...i dont think i've encountered anyone out with one while birding

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)
my 366 for 2016 (external link)

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
Joined May 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Oct 01, 2017 13:38 |  #38

DreDaze wrote in post #18463999 (external link)
Does anyone use sony for sports/wildlife though...i dont think i've encountered anyone out with one while birding

MedMan posted some great photos with his Sony the other day in Bird Portraits, I think.. let me look.. post #11272

http://photography-on-the.net ...ad.php?t=1449216&pa​ge=752

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1D IV | 6Dc | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS |100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition

sponsored links

2,812 views & 10 likes for this thread
7D MARK III
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.