Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 16 Jul 2017 (Sunday) 07:47
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Looking to upgrade to full frame camera and need suggestions

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
31,890 posts
Gallery: 58 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Sep 13, 2017 08:17 |  #46

that is a crazily robust strap, wow!

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

sponsored links
johnf3f
Goldmember
3,682 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2010
Wales
Sep 13, 2017 20:01 as a reply to post 18450944 |  #47

So you won't be far from the Red Kite center at Llandeusant - that will give you some great opportunities to play with the AF performance!

A little bit of a drive but Freshwater West will give you some great landscape opportunities.

I wouldn't worry too much about the AA filter complainers - just see what your camera will do and I suspect you will be quite/very happy.

Anyway good luck and I hope you enjoy your new toy!

Life is for living, cameras are to capture it (one day I will learn how!).

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
11,815 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Sep 16, 2017 08:58 |  #48

Charlie Victor wrote in post #18451124 (external link)
What do I think? Early days but first impressions are that I have purchased precisely what I wanted and we're going to get on with each other just fine, be it in the studio or out and about; I have spent my money well. With the exception of a different method of zooming in to images during in-camera playback and all the additional functionality that the 5D mk IV brings, transition from my 7D has been completely intuitive - exactly as Canon intends; the same buttons in the same place with the same reach and the same menu logic making it seamless to work out where something new is going to live. A fantastic piece of kit and with the Herringbone Type 2 leather knuckle grip making it as wieldy as I like (I am not a fan of neck straps unless needing to carry two bodies such as during a commission).

I now have a very happy eleven year old son too since he now has a 7D to supplement the 400D that I let him shoot unsupervised with!

thumbnailHosted photo: posted by Charlie Victor in
./showthread.php?p=184​51124&i=i45154153
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Where did you order that from? The company directly?

Image Editing OK

Websiteexternal link ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

Charlie ­ Victor
Joined Oct 2014
United Kingdom
Sep 19, 2017 09:34 |  #49

digital paradise wrote in post #18453477 (external link)

https://www.amazon.co.​uk ...age_o05_s00?ie=UTF8​&psc=1 (external link)

Canon 7D and 5D IV / EF-S 10-22mm / EF 24-105mm L / Sigma 50mm f1.4 EX DG / EF 70-300mm L / 580 EX II / Yongnuo YN-568EX II
Sony RX100M2 / HVL-F32M / Turret optical viewfinder
GoPro Hero 3+ / Head mount / Chest mount / Suction mount / Hand grip

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,354 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Post has been last edited 27 days ago by John from PA. 3 edits done in total.
Sep 19, 2017 10:43 |  #50

digital paradise wrote in post #18453477 (external link)

I put Charlie Victor onto the Herringbone strap which is available from many sources ranging from eBay to Amazon. Just search Herringbone wrist strap. Make sure you explore colors and the Type 1 and Type 2 options. A review at http://www.1kindphotog​raphy.com ...one-heritage-leather.html (external link) discusses them.

Personally the black with red stitching is my preference on the black camera combined with the lens with red ring. Having said that I keep the dark brown strap (see image "courtesy" Amazon) on my backup camera just for a means of visual quick grab convenience.

Amazon (USA) offerings can be seen at https://www.amazon.com ...ds_browse-bin=Herringbone (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
13,442 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Sep 19, 2017 10:58 |  #51

herringbones have been discussed on this board for the longest time, optech is to neck strap as herringbone is to wrist strap.

a bit too bulky for my tastes therefore I use simple paracord (upgraded from shoe laces :-P)

Sony A7r - A7ii - A7rii - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - FE 35/2.8 - CV 35/1.7 - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CY 35-70, 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8, 24/1.4

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,354 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Sep 19, 2017 11:47 |  #52

The only thing I've ever found close to the quality of the Herringbone is a Markins product, also all leather. The H3 strap however was discontinued a few years back. It was about twice the price of the Herringbone and only available in black. At one time the Herringbone was only available from Korea but also as of about two years ago has a US importer. Perhaps that was the downfall of the Markins strap.

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
11,815 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Sep 19, 2017 13:33 |  #53

John from PA wrote in post #18455754 (external link)
I put Charlie Victor onto the Herringbone strap which is available from many sources ranging from eBay to Amazon. Just search Herringbone wrist strap. Make sure you explore colors and the Type 1 and Type 2 options. A review at http://www.1kindphotog​raphy.com ...one-heritage-leather.html (external link) discusses them.

Personally the black with red stitching is my preference on the black camera combined with the lens with red ring. Having said that I keep the dark brown strap (see image "courtesy" Amazon) on my backup camera just for a means of visual quick grab convenience.

Amazon (USA) offerings can be seen at https://www.amazon.com ...ds_browse-bin=Herringbone (external link)
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by John from PA in
./showthread.php?p=184​55754&i=i38406253
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Thanks

Image Editing OK

Websiteexternal link ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

sponsored links

9,767 views & 9 likes for this thread
Looking to upgrade to full frame camera and need suggestions
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.