Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 24 Jul 2017 (Monday) 14:26
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

POTN G-series Speed Challenge 648 - Subject eerie,unusual,myth,urban tale or different

Trumper
728 posts
Joined May 2003
Post has been edited 3 months ago by Trumper.
Jul 24, 2017 14:26 |  #1

Description of this week topic:
I am going to award this weeks 1 st Place to Maureen because she has brought to life an event in history that we in the UK had to imagine .Here the ground ,terrain and headstones are real. 2nd place Jims, I laughed out loud at Jims colourful Easter Bunny eggs bet the children love seeing that 3rd place but not least Teekay the memory and recognition of bravery ,on this week of the 100 years of Passchendaele and just getting back from seeing the Dunkirk film ,so much bravery and sacrifice made there.

sponsored links
teekay
Goldmember
2,592 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Jul 26, 2017 11:06 |  #2

Local Hero

IMAGE: http://community.netidea.com/teekay/temp/HamptonGray1280.jpg
G15

JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Jul 28, 2017 11:17 |  #3

Hens Don't Lay Multi-Colored Eggs So the Easter Bunny Must Be Real!
G5X: f/4, 1/1250th, ISO 250, 27MM

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
32,642 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Jul 28, 2017 14:13 |  #4

What Really Happened at Little Big Horn?

Pro 1

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
5DIII
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0, 300/f4, 24-70/2.8 both I & II

Trumper
THREAD ­ STARTER
728 posts
Joined May 2003
Jul 31, 2017 12:23 |  #5

Thread closed ,back soon with the results

Trumper
THREAD ­ STARTER
728 posts
Joined May 2003
Jul 31, 2017 12:44 |  #6

I was hoping this subject would fire up some peoples imaginations and tales of things they seen ,places visited etc folklores.
I am going to award this weeks 1 st Place to Maureen because she has brought to life an event in history that we in the UK had to imagine .Here the ground ,terrain and headstones are real.
2nd place Jims, I laughed out loud at Jims colourful Easter Bunny eggs :) bet the children love seeing that :)
3rd place but not least Teekay the memory and recognition of bravery ,on this week of the 100 years of Passchendaele and just getting back from seeing the Dunkirk film ,so much bravery and sacrifice made there.

Well done and thanks , take it away Maureen :-)

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
6,591 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
East Central IL
Jul 31, 2017 15:11 |  #7

Kudos to all. Nice shots. I regret I can't participate in these lately because my G7x is on loan and currently touring India.

Mark J.
Gear

Maureen ­ Souza
32,642 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Jul 31, 2017 16:35 |  #8

Trumper, if you look in the background of my photo & see the cluster of green trees, they are growing along the Little Big Horn river where Chief Sitting Bull & Crazy Horse set up camp. The whole area is full of history, headstones, markers & since many soldiers wrote accounts of what happened there, you can listen to recordings of those events & battles on your phone as you travel around the site. It was fascinating.

I will have a new challenge up soon.

5DMK4
5DIII

teekay
Goldmember
2,592 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Post has been edited 3 months ago by teekay.
Jul 31, 2017 18:23 |  #9

Congratulations, Maureen, on the perfect shot for this challenging challenge! Like all good photos, it made me think.

That plaque in my shot (which stands in front of a building named after the guy) always makes me feel sad for the family who lost him mere days before the Japanese surrender. The most interesting monument to him is at Onagawa Bay, where local Japanese began a campaign to create a memorial to Gray that was dedicated in 1989. It is believed to be the only memorial on Japanese soil that is dedicated to a foreign soldier.

Maureen ­ Souza
32,642 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Jul 31, 2017 22:35 |  #10

New challenge is up. I hope to see a lot of entries this week.:lol:

http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?t=1​484385

5DMK4
5DIII

corythosaurus
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
Rocky Mountains
Aug 02, 2017 10:51 |  #11

Trumper wrote in post #18415544 (external link)
I was hoping this subject would fire up some peoples imaginations and tales of things they seen ,places visited etc folklores.
I am going to award this weeks 1 st Place to Maureen because she has brought to life an event in history that we in the UK had to imagine .Here the ground ,terrain and headstones are real.
2nd place Jims, I laughed out loud at Jims colourful Easter Bunny eggs :) bet the children love seeing that :)
3rd place but not least Teekay the memory and recognition of bravery ,on this week of the 100 years of Passchendaele and just getting back from seeing the Dunkirk film ,so much bravery and sacrifice made there.

Well done and thanks , take it away Maureen :-)

There is a "haunted" park here in Denver that was built on an old cemetery that I had planned to go shoot, but day-to-day got in the way and didn't make it. I liked the subject, though.

Websiteexternal link - Facebookexternal link

JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Aug 03, 2017 09:30 |  #12

Congratulations to Mo and Teekay. Good and most challenging contest Trumper, and my thanks for the second place nod.

My photo was made at our neighborhood annual Easter Egg Hunt. The kids had a blast!

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

sponsored links

2,289 views & 5 likes for this thread
POTN G-series Speed Challenge 648 - Subject eerie,unusual,myth,urban tale or different
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.