Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family
Thread started 30 Jul 2017 (Sunday) 10:38
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Let's Paint!

FreeSoul1987
Joined Jul 2012
Southern Indiana
Jul 30, 2017 10:38 |  #1

Looking for advice and tips, Critiquing is welcome.
Okay, so my friend had this shoot in mind with her 3 year old daughter. It would be my first time really using my studio and a backdrop, a backdrop she bought online that is kind of small..... especially when you include a child's painting easel which really takes up space.
To be honest, I prefer outdoor shoots to indoor, but my friend has offered herself and her daughter up as guinea pigs in order for me to get out of my comfort zone and work on my skills for indoor studio shoots and learn from my mistakes.
Other than the obvious mistakes - 1: too close to backdrop (really didn't have a choice) and
2: the backdrop was in focus so that you can see the wrinkles
3: the lighting changes

If you see any other mistakes or little things you want to nitpick, please let me know so I can make sure not to make those mistakes again :)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*
www.FreeSoulPhotograph​y.smugmug.comexternal link
Gear: Canon T2i, 430EX II flash, Tamron 18-270mm VC PZD II, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens

sponsored links
lisastallsmith
30 posts
Joined Sep 2017
Sep 08, 2017 06:58 |  #2

No nitpicking from me. I just wanted to say that I LOVE that she is in all white!

FarmerTed1971
fondling the 5D4
Joined Sep 2013
Portland, OR
Sep 08, 2017 07:05 |  #3

#1 is a bit hot and #2 you missed focus. What modifier are you using?

She is very cute and I think you should do this shoot again.

Getting better at this - Fuji Xt-2 - Fuji X-Pro2 - 18-55 - 35 f2 WR - 50-140 - 6D - 135L - 70-200 f4L IS - 600EX-RT x2 - ST-E3-RT - flickr (external link) - www.scottaticephoto.co​m (external link)

FreeSoul1987
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2012
Southern Indiana
Sep 08, 2017 10:42 |  #4

FarmerTed1971 wrote in post #18447199 (external link)
#1 is a bit hot and #2 you missed focus. What modifier are you using?

She is very cute and I think you should do this shoot again.

Modifier? Sorry, my brain has taken off early for the weekend and does not want to even think about working.
I'm at the office (my husband's shop) so I don't have the details to the image right infront of me, I did use my 430EX II flash off camera with a 45" Photoflex umbrella. I believe I also used a warm pink film over the flash.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*
Gear: Canon T2i, 430EX II flash, Tamron 18-270mm VC PZD II, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens

FarmerTed1971
fondling the 5D4
Joined Sep 2013
Portland, OR
Sep 08, 2017 16:49 |  #5

Ah. You got some power out of that flash!

Getting better at this - Fuji Xt-2 - Fuji X-Pro2 - 18-55 - 35 f2 WR - 50-140 - 6D - 135L - 70-200 f4L IS - 600EX-RT x2 - ST-E3-RT - flickr (external link) - www.scottaticephoto.co​m (external link)

FreeSoul1987
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2012
Southern Indiana
Sep 08, 2017 18:54 |  #6

FarmerTed1971 wrote in post #18447610 (external link)
Ah. You got some power out of that flash!

Lol, and I'm still learning it. To be honest I very much prefer outdoor shoots where I can use sun so learning to use and control the lighting for indoor shoots is definitely new to me.

sponsored links

778 views & 2 likes for this thread
Let's Paint!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.