Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 08 Aug 2017 (Tuesday) 20:10
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Godox A1 - New Smartphone lighting appliance

Angmo
Joined Dec 2015
AZ-USA
Post has been last edited 24 days ago by Angmo. 7 edits done in total.
Aug 26, 2017 12:13 |  #16

mmmfotografie wrote in post #18435920 (external link)
http://www.elinchrom.c​om/skyport/wifi.html (external link)

Also

x
TOO LARGE!
EMBED PREVENTED, IMAGE TOO LARGE:
https://mikrosat.de ...oblitz_boom_1200ws_​10.jpg
Click here to see our image rules.

I could certainly find some more.

Yep. I use this setup and control my Elis from an iPhone, the new skyport trigger or Sekonic flash meter. Save complete shoot settings to PC or laptop too. Wifi firmware updates to all devices.

Godox is years behind. They only copy other folks tech.

Heck, I can shoot HS using the new Eli trigger with all my older strobes too.

The wifi setup cost like $30 I think. It was inexpensive anyway. The iPhone app was free.

They're all tools to get the job done. Enjoy.

Nikons, Rolleiflexes, Elinchroms

sponsored links
mmmfotografie
Goldmember
2,001 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Utrecht Netherlands
Aug 26, 2017 17:12 |  #17

Don't be to harsh with Godox and they do development with some input from people outside of Godox. Godox brings a lot of stuff at a good price to the market and are changing the landscape off the market. A lot what was only reachable for customers with a large budget is now also available for a broader public.

Being 'late' with the APP and choosing for the A1 solution gave the the opportunity to fuse the 433MHz and 2.4GHz radio band into the A1 so it could control studio strobes and also the X system that is on is on the 2.4GHz band.

mmmfotografie : portfolio (external link) | ModelMayhem profile (external link)

Angmo
Joined Dec 2015
AZ-USA
Post has been last edited 24 days ago by Angmo. 3 edits done in total.
Aug 26, 2017 20:55 |  #18

mmmfotografie wrote in post #18437749 (external link)
Don't be to harsh with Godox and they do development with some input from people outside of Godox. Godox brings a lot of stuff at a good price to the market and are changing the landscape off the market. A lot what was only reachable for customers with a large budget is now also available for a broader public.

Being 'late' with the APP and choosing for the A1 solution gave the the opportunity to fuse the 433MHz and 2.4GHz radio band into the A1 so it could control studio strobes and also the X system that is on is on the 2.4GHz band.

Ive been to China many times. One year even, commuted there for one or two weeks a month for the entire year. Yep they copy.

Ive even seen them at trade shows -- Chinese engineer photographing competitors gear and motherboards on display.

Nikons, Rolleiflexes, Elinchroms

Talley
Talley Whacker
Joined Dec 2011
Houston
Sep 04, 2017 14:46 |  #19

It's all of our faults when we sent all the manufacturing to china in the first place. We have developed a dependency on china now. If we kept everything state side we would be paying double for everything.

5D4 |12mm 2.8 FE | 16-35L 2.8 III | Σ 35A | Σ 50A | Σ 85A | 200 F2 IS | 1.4xIII
X-T20 | 18/2 | 35/1.4 | 56/1.2 | 18-135
My Gear Archive

mmmfotografie
Goldmember
2,001 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Utrecht Netherlands
Post has been last edited 15 days ago by mmmfotografie. 4 edits done in total.
Sep 04, 2017 14:52 as a reply to Talley's post |  #20

We will still pay double of the pollution in China in the future. In China is production first and environment a lot lower.

People are depending on a intact environment.

Also without local production people don't have the means to buy local production. So that argument of double prices are not valid.

Look at where the intrest rates are. You loose money when you put money on a bankaccount. Europe has broken its own economy and the are hardly any people left between poor and very rich.
We are worried about North Korea now, but the is also a bomb under our society.

Buy local and produce local keeps us alive now and in the future.

mmmfotografie : portfolio (external link) | ModelMayhem profile (external link)

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Sep 04, 2017 15:16 |  #21

Angmo wrote in post #18437881 (external link)
Ive even seen them at trade shows -- Chinese engineer photographing competitors gear and motherboards on display.

That practice is common amongst technology companies at every trade show I've ever attended. I've done it myself for our engineers when working for a telecom manufacturer.

Its another version of engineers sitting around drinking beer and talking about their ideas at an industry standards conference. I've done that too.

Its time to get over thinking that the Chinese are second rate engineers. They're as good and innovative as anyone.

Its useful to remember that many of them got their engineering training in the US and Europe. And even more of their teachers did.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

sponsored links

2,361 views & 2 likes for this thread
Godox A1 - New Smartphone lighting appliance
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.