Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing
Thread started 19 Aug 2017 (Saturday) 14:31
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Shutter rate for high frame rate footage?

kat.hayes
131 posts
Joined Mar 2012
Aug 19, 2017 14:31 |  #1

When working with a camera that can shoot high frame video, such as 120fps or even 960fps, how do you adjust the shutter based on these frame rates? Do you just double it the same way you do with normal frame rate footage? If so, what do you do for 960fps footage?

Thanks in advance.

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Aug 21, 2017 19:34 |  #2

Well it will have to be shorter than 1/960s that's for sure :). I would go with 1/2000 I suppose since that is the closest standard speed to the required 1/1920s. I would think with a camera with a frame rate that high that the shutter speed will be effectively fixed by the camera itself, just as it was in many cine cameras of old. So you will need to look it up in the camera's manual if you want to set your own aperture values. Or more likely how much light you will need to add to the scene to get a well exposed shot.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

1,135 views & 1 like for this thread
Shutter rate for high frame rate footage?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.