Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Fashion, Editorial & Commercial Talk
Thread started 21 Aug 2017 (Monday) 06:22
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

saving imges to memory stick for website

anitaw2
210 posts
Joined Jun 2015
Canada
Aug 21, 2017 06:22 |  #1

I was taking pictures yesterday of a sailboat race and was asked by the president if I would share my pictures for the yacht clubs' web site. I shoot RAW. He said he would love to have the pics on a memory stick and they would post them on their web site but I have no idea in what format or pixels to save it. Can anyone give me advice on this. I started saving them in jpeg, 80%, 2400x3000pxls, etc...

Anita W.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
32,229 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Aug 21, 2017 06:46 |  #2

I would never provide untouched JPG directly to a requested party unless there was an urgent need. Just ask for an email, go home and provide the edited best versions that you would love to share and zip them together, and put a link on dropbox or whatever for the email back to them.

If you need to provide out of camera JPG for immediate use, you would want to set up a good picture style, set a custom white balance, and save as small or medium JPG. No reason for full sized JPG... At least getting the WB set up and the picture style properly does some amount of processing on your part in-camera.

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

anitaw2
THREAD ­ STARTER
210 posts
Joined Jun 2015
Canada
Aug 21, 2017 07:22 |  #3

No, I shoot RAW, I have to edit all the pics in lightroom. I just want to know when I press "export", what is the best settings for saving. I would NEVER send direct from camera in JPEG.

Anita W.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
32,229 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been edited 3 months ago by TeamSpeed.
Aug 21, 2017 07:46 |  #4

1280 x 1024 is good for web images, if they are used to augment a web page, like galleries, etc. If the intent is to allow downloading and setting as wallpaper, then perhaps 2048x1536.

Interesting resource: http://www.fileformat.​info/tip/web/imagesize​.htm (external link)

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

324 views & 0 likes for this thread
saving imges to memory stick for website
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Fashion, Editorial & Commercial Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.