Since today is Eclipse Day, I think the sky would make a good subject. Could be sunsets, sunrises, stars, whatever. The sky is the limit.
The challenge begins when posted, and will end on Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at midnight CDT. The winner will be announced shortly thereafter. (Or more likely, the next morning.)
1. Camera: Any DIGITAL CAMERA is allowed, (not just DSLR)
2. Time: Any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size: See standard P.O.T.N. Image Posting Rules.
4. Post Processing: Do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting: ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
6. Details: Show camera model & lens used. Post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
7. Commenting: Please, NO COMMENTING DURING CHALLENGE feel free to comment in this thread after a winner is declared.
8. Content: Keep it clean, and both Family and Work safe.
9. Have questions? PM me.
10. Have FUN!
* THE WINNER ALWAYS SETS THE THEME FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE, POSTS IT AND JUDGES IT - BE PREPARED! A new challenge should be posted ASAP after you have been declared the winner.
1. teekay's Day's End - The 3D feel to this one amazes me. I feel like I can reach right into the image. Very nicely done.
2. darkslinger's Crescent Beach - It was a close call between this one and Old Crow's Fiery Sunset, but the sunbeams won me over.
3. OldCrow's Fiery Sunset - Love the colors. Made it hard to choose, as I said above.
Honorable mention - Jason C's Eclipse shot. I have a similar shot from the eclipse with the moon in a different spot. Your sunspots came out clearer than mine, though. Nice work.