Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries
Thread started 21 Aug 2017 (Monday) 16:40
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Can I have some feedback about my website.

AshikChauhan
Joined Apr 2017
Leicester
Aug 21, 2017 16:40 |  #1

Hi All,

Please can I have some feedback on my website - http://www.ashikphotog​raphy.co.uk/ (external link)

I have a few more blogs to add, but please let me know what you think of the layouts/images etc. Also, about me / price page are still a work in progress!

Thank you!

UK Based Portrait & Travel Photographer | Ashik Chauhan Photography
www.ashikphotography.c​o.uk (external link) | www.ashikchauhan.co.uk (external link) | Google+ (external link) |Instagram (external link).

Croasdail
Cream of the Crop
6,608 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2005
North Carolina
Oct 15, 2017 05:08 |  #2

Here is the tricky thing about posting images that are your "portfolio" images. They need to be stunning. Your best of your best. These have to be spot on. And unfortunately you have some problems with the ones you posted. For example your first shot in your portfolio - it's a nice image of the lady - but it has some issue. To the right of her hair is the sign in the back that has an almost neon relish color to it. It very much distracts from the image. The whole background is unfortunately too busy to truly isolate on her. All the issues are fixable, and should be fixed if these are going to be presented as portfolio shots. Another image - the one of the young lady, simply is processed too flat. To bring it to life some curves work would really help it.

Honestly I almost stopped there... but then became curious about your blog. And those shots are appropriate for a blog. Not bad at all for what they are intended. So just really make sure if you are putting out "portfolio" shots, they really are images that you have done your absolute most to make sure they a perfect, or near perfect. Remember, very few portfolio shots come out of the camera that way. They will need to show you understand the total workflow of producing high level quality shots.

Keep at it.... your off to a good start.

Mark
Its by knowing and mastering all the rules that you learn which ones you can break.

337 views & 0 likes for this thread
Can I have some feedback about my website.
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.