Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases
Thread started 23 Aug 2017 (Wednesday) 15:32
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Mindshift BackLight 26L question

superclarkey
207 posts
Joined Apr 2012
United Kingdom
Aug 23, 2017 15:32 |  #1

Looking to get a back pack for when out and about, the one that catches my eye is the mindshift 26L, in the charcoal grey. I like the rear entry to access the camera and lens, size seems about right for my needs.

I currently have a Retrospective 30 from ThinkTank (same company) and it's been fantastic, just on long walks with the camera gear it's too much weight on one shoulder, also it's not really waterproof etc. Also with the camera mounted to the 70-200 it is too long and wide really to holster in the bag.d

I wanted to know if the 5d with the grim mounted to the 70-200 would fit as I think it's not designed to have grip attached... anyone have any experience with this. I have big hands so the grip helps the camera not feel like a toy in my hands haha so I never shoot without it.

My only other lens I will have soon is the 11-24 f/4, and the other lens in my sig, would like to be able to fit all my gear in if possible.

If not what is like this bag that would be good to look at.

Cheers.

Canon EOS 5D mk IV
Canon 24-70mm ƒ/2.8L USM mk II
Canon 70-200mm ƒ/2.8L USM IS mk II

gremlin75
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2011
Detroit, MI
Aug 24, 2017 11:53 |  #2

A griped x-t2 fits with a little room the spare, but the x-t2 is a little smaller then a 5D. How much smaller I'm not sure but the internal height of the camera compartment is 6" (or about 15cm).

sawsedge
Joined Dec 2011
United States
Post has been edited 3 months ago by sawsedge.
Aug 24, 2017 21:17 |  #3

The 70-200 is no problem, but my 5D3 (with L-bracket) fills the height without a grip. A grip will not fit.

Here is what I can fit in mine (in the main camera compartment):

5D3 (no grip) with any lens mounted. 100-400, 100 macro, 16-35, 24-70, 430EX flash, 6-7 filters, a few batteries, remote, CF card wallet. With all that, it is overloaded weight-wise, but it can fit.

- John

superclarkey
THREAD ­ STARTER
207 posts
Joined Apr 2012
United Kingdom
Aug 25, 2017 03:32 as a reply to sawsedge's post |  #4

Thanks, guess I will have to rethink what I'm doing then as I never shoot without the grip.

Canon EOS 5D mk IV
Canon 24-70mm ƒ/2.8L USM mk II
Canon 70-200mm ƒ/2.8L USM IS mk II

497 views & 0 likes for this thread
Mindshift BackLight 26L question
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.