Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers
Thread started 25 Aug 2017 (Friday) 14:55
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

EIZO CS2730 vs NEC PA272w?

heldGaze
Joined Nov 2008
Atlanta, GA
Aug 25, 2017 14:55 |  #1

Does anybody have direct experience with both of these monitors? I'm trying to decide between the two as my primary photo editing monitor? I am building a new workstation, with some killer hardware, I have a Quadro P4000 capable of driving these displays. I know EIZO has a strong reputation for creating great displays with wide-gamuts & good color accuracy. The NEC PA272w also has some really good reviews written about it for its performance on both the wide gamut & color accuracy. I've been doing a lot of reading but unfortunately I haven't yet come across a site that reviews both of these displays in depth with attention to the requirements of a photographer. They both have hardware calibration, the main difference I can see is that the NEC has a 14-bit LUT, while the EIZO has a 16-bit LUT. The NEC has a GB-R LED backlight, while the EIZO has a "Wide-Gamut LED" which I'm not certain what exactly that means. Price on these two displays is essentially the same (a difference of 2 bucks).

My intention is to get one of these as my primary display, and then get a 4K display beside it in a multi-mon set up, though I haven't quite narrowed down my options for that decision yet. But I want to order either the EIZO or NEC this weekend. Any advice/feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

Cameras: Sony α7R II, Canon 40D, Samsung Galaxy S7
Lenses: Canon 11-24mm f/4 L, 24-70mm f/2.8 L II, 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 18-200mm
Telescope: Meade LXD55 SN-6" F=762mm f/5, with a 2x Barlow T-Mount
Retired Cameras: Canon SD300, Nokia N95, Galaxy S, S3 & S4
C&C Always Appreciated

527 views & 0 likes for this thread
EIZO CS2730 vs NEC PA272w?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.