Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk
Thread started 25 Aug 2017 (Friday) 15:39
Prev/next

Where can I find a top like this?

icor1031
Joined Jan 2015
Post has been edited 2 months ago by icor1031.
Aug 25, 2017 15:39 |  #1

http://www.pincelebs.n​et ...a4fd5a2ba019f563d32​10.jpg (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

(2) Canon 6D || Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2 || Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 || Sigma 85mm f/1.4 || Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 || Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art || Canon 24mm f/2.8 || Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 || (2) Eg-S Focusing Screen
T3i || Elan 7n || Cotton Carrier || Streaklight 360 || i1display Pro || Colormunki Photo

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,190 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Sandy, Oregon
Aug 26, 2017 14:42 |  #2

Look at swimwear cover ups. Someplace like Aliexpress probably has something similar for cheap. Otherwise Amazon, or other large swimwear stores should have a good cover up selection.

icor1031
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2015
Aug 26, 2017 15:00 |  #3

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #18437644 (external link)
Look at swimwear cover ups. Someplace like Aliexpress probably has something similar for cheap. Otherwise Amazon, or other large swimwear stores should have a good cover up selection.

I used that search on ebay and it got me a lot closer. Thanks!

(2) Canon 6D || Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2 || Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 || Sigma 85mm f/1.4 || Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 || Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art || Canon 24mm f/2.8 || Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 || (2) Eg-S Focusing Screen
T3i || Elan 7n || Cotton Carrier || Streaklight 360 || i1display Pro || Colormunki Photo

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,190 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Sandy, Oregon
Post has been edited 2 months ago by Littlejon Dsgn.
Aug 26, 2017 15:03 as a reply to icor1031's post |  #4

Your welcome, I know I have seen tops like that, its just a matter of combing thru the thousands of results to find the right item. Then finding someone that makes it look as good as that model in the photo :)

You might try fish net tops, net cover ups, knit cover ups, crochet cover ups, or a combination of those terms and words.

icor1031
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2015
Post has been last edited 2 months ago by icor1031. 4 edits done in total.
Aug 26, 2017 15:16 |  #5

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #18437662 (external link)
Your welcome, I know I have seen tops like that, its just a matter of combing thru the thousands of results to find the right item. Then finding someone that makes it look as good as that model in the photo :)

You might try fish net tops, net cover ups, knit cover ups, crochet cover ups, or a combination of those terms and words.

Thanks for the extra terms!

About a model that makes it look that good :p... I've been ordering pieces for small and large breasted women. Some things, like bra harnesses - would just look silly if the girl has a small pair, IMO. But, a white robe or a sheer top would look nice. Medium and large breasts go with just about anything though, I think?

I'm impressed with ebay's prices: a lot of items are $1 -- shipped!

... Also, it's not weird for the photographer to offer clothing for glamour shoots - is it?
I know it's fine for things like cosplay.

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,190 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Sandy, Oregon
Aug 26, 2017 16:13 as a reply to icor1031's post |  #6

I have a huge collection of wardrobe, if I see something I like and wanna shoot I get it, then find a model that it works with. We just ordered 40 pieces of swimwear to take on a 4 day shoot with 3 models in Hawaii .... so no not weird.

icor1031
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2015
Aug 26, 2017 16:31 |  #7

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #18437711 (external link)
I have a huge collection of wardrobe, if I see something I like and wanna shoot I get it, then find a model that it works with. We just ordered 40 pieces of swimwear to take on a 4 day shoot with 3 models in Hawaii .... so no not weird.

40.. wow!

Curious - how many models do you frequently work with that do swimwear and/or glamour?

Also, it sounds like these are trade models - how do you make money?

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,190 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Sandy, Oregon
Post has been edited 2 months ago by Littlejon Dsgn.
Aug 26, 2017 16:33 as a reply to icor1031's post |  #8

I shoot about a model a week, during the summer most do swimwear, winter most do glamour. The models joining us in Hawaii have paid to go, we also do other destination shoots where we supply wardrobe, lodging, meals and transportation. Otherwise we do trade work and we also have a good amount of paid sessions (those photos never go anywhere but to the paying client for their use, normally a book or prints for a boyfriend or husband).

Models are not our primary income, I have a full time day job, we then do weddings during the summer, last is our glamour and swim stuff.

icor1031
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2015
Aug 26, 2017 16:42 |  #9

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #18437726 (external link)
I shoot about a model a week, during the summer most do swimwear, winter most do glamour. The models joining us in Hawaii have paid to go, we also do other destination shoots where we supply wardrobe, lodging, meals and transportation. Otherwise we do trade work and we also have a good amount of paid sessions (those photos never go anywhere but to the paying client for their use, normally a book or prints for a boyfriend or husband).

Models are not our primary income, I have a full time day job, we then do weddings during the summer, last is our glamour and swim stuff.

I didn't expect models to pay you to go to Hawaii, that's cool! Why do they do it - to build a great port?

icor1031
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2015
Aug 26, 2017 16:46 |  #10

Two more questions:

I'm thinking about starting a second business name (because if I post a glamour portfolio on my main site, I'll get hammered by google) for glamour stuff.

Glamour and boudoir - do you get a lot more of one than the other? Do you know if people often search for one much more often than the other? I bet it's boudoir?

Also, you said "our." Referring to your wife? She doesn't have a problem with your work? :)

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,190 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Sandy, Oregon
Aug 26, 2017 23:43 |  #11

Sorry had to go to a wedding (as a guest). So yea the models pay to go on our destination shoots, we offer cool & unusual locations, handle all the planning, cooking, wardrobe. With Hawaii we will shoot sunrise and sunset and tour during the day or chill at a beach. Its semi inexpensive for them when we lump everything together and divide it out. These three are all models we have worked with before, who enjoy working with us and think we add enough to their portfolio to pay and join us.

We have two business names, 1 for family work (family, maternity, weddings) and another for swimwear, boudoir and anything else thats not family friendly. We do boudoir not so much glamour.

And as for the "our" yes my wife is my second photographer for weddings and help with wardrobe and assisting during every other shoot. Being a husband and wife team helps us land more paying boudoir work, and helps bring down the models walls much quicker.

icor1031
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2015
Post has been edited 2 months ago by icor1031.
Aug 26, 2017 23:53 |  #12

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #18438008 (external link)
Sorry had to go to a wedding (as a guest). So yea the models pay to go on our destination shoots, we offer cool & unusual locations, handle all the planning, cooking, wardrobe. With Hawaii we will shoot sunrise and sunset and tour during the day or chill at a beach. Its semi inexpensive for them when we lump everything together and divide it out. These three are all models we have worked with before, who enjoy working with us and think we add enough to their portfolio to pay and join us.

We have two business names, 1 for family work (family, maternity, weddings) and another for swimwear, boudoir and anything else thats not family friendly. We do boudoir not so much glamour.

And as for the "our" yes my wife is my second photographer for weddings and help with wardrobe and assisting during every other shoot. Being a husband and wife team helps us land more paying boudoir work, and helps bring down the models walls much quicker.

I just got a second business name for boudoir and anything topless, but I wasn't going to separate regular glamour shots and swimwear from my main business; but each 'style' will have its own gallery.
Also, my main business was going to reference the second (which has a similar name)

Do you think that's a terrible idea?

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,190 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Sandy, Oregon
Aug 27, 2017 00:04 as a reply to icor1031's post |  #13

The wife and I went back and forth for a couple months. We took anything that a grandma might blush at and put it in a business that has no ties to our name. The family stuff goes under a business with our name attached to it. We still make more off the family stuff (weddings) then we do off the fun boudoir and swimwear side, so we protect where the money comes from.

icor1031
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2015
Post has been last edited 2 months ago by icor1031. 4 edits done in total.
Aug 27, 2017 00:09 |  #14

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #18438018 (external link)
The wife and I went back and forth for a couple months. We took anything that a grandma might blush at and put it in a business that has no ties to our name. The family stuff goes under a business with our name attached to it. We still make more off the family stuff (weddings) then we do off the fun boudoir and swimwear side, so we protect where the money comes from.

Hmm, did you get feedback that this was an issue? I did a survey, and I asked about whether the participants would be willing to hire someone to take pictures of their children, if he also did semi-nude photography.
It didn't have a major impact (I forgot I did this.) There were issues with the survey, but I believe 80-95% were fine with it.

The only reason I separated them is for SEO. Google hates breasts, and I want to show my gallery.

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,190 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Sandy, Oregon
Aug 27, 2017 00:13 as a reply to icor1031's post |  #15

We asked just about every mom we could (friends, family, friends of friend, and co workers) they all said keep it separate. I also did not want to have photos of anyone under 18 on the same domain as photos of topless/nude over 18 models.

1,348 views & 0 likes for this thread
Where can I find a top like this?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.