Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera
Thread started 25 Aug 2017 (Friday) 23:07
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Help... 6D or 5DIII or 7DII

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,508 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Sep 04, 2017 08:23 |  #16

gossamer88 wrote in post #18443366 (external link)
Canon Refurb store (external link) has their labor Day sale currently running.

Refurbished EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera
$1999.20
Refurbished
20+ In Stock

EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera
Refurbished EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera
$1099.00
20+ In Stock

The 7DII body is also available refurb for $1200.

Timza
130 posts
Joined Jan 2016
Sep 04, 2017 09:33 as a reply to John from PA's post |  #17

Stop thinking you need full frame. The 80D with the 10 to 18mm EF-S for landscapes or interiors is wonderful. And with the 17 to 55 2.8 EF-S is great for pictures of kids and dogs and family. The 80D has an excellent sensor and great autofocus for sports or nature. It does not have a large buffer so don't expect long bursts. If you stay ASP-C with your thinking and lenses, then when the 7D Mark III comes out you will be good to go.

DaviSto
... sorry. I got carried away!
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Sep 04, 2017 09:52 |  #18

Mtk wrote in post #18438479 (external link)
I have 23 month old twins and hard to justify the cost when I have a ton of learning to still do. At the end of the day I think I will be going the route of the 6D for a few reason's. IQ seems to be very good. Down the road if I do go the route of the 5DIV I can always mod the 6d for astro. For the time being I will keep the 7D as my second body for fast moving wild life and bird photography.

I think that strategy of 'buy the 6D now and lay in wait until there is a 5Div you can ambush at a price you are comfortable with' is not a bad one at all. You will have covered all your bases and have a good upgrade plan that you can take slow or fast depending on how life turns out.

But 2-year olds ... fast lenses ... you are going to have to think about those as well (whatever the body).

Comment and (constructive) criticism always welcome.

1,530 views & 9 likes for this thread
Help... 6D or 5DIII or 7DII
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.