Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support
Thread started 28 Aug 2017 (Monday) 21:34
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Benro IT25 vs Beike q999

wNot.
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined May 2017
Entre Rios, AR
Post has been edited 1 month ago by wNot..
Aug 28, 2017 21:34 |  #1

Hi guys im about to buy my first tripod and i would like to ask you for some advise. I've done some research and i found this kind of tripod the most suitable for me.
I'm from Argentina and this two are the only one that I can get.

The Benro seems to have only 1 knob, while the Beike has 3 of them.
The Benro has snap locks, while the Beike has Twist locks.

What do you think? Thanks!

picworx
Goldmember
1,107 posts
Joined Jun 2005
Ontario, Canada
Post has been edited 15 days ago by picworx.
Oct 01, 2017 15:11 |  #2

I would go with the snap locks at least then you know whether the legs are locked or not? The twist ones by looking at them you never know whether they are locked or not. If you mount a camera on a twist lock and its not locked guess what might happen to the camera?

The Print is What Really Matters

johnf3f
Goldmember
3,682 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2010
Wales
Oct 01, 2017 16:23 |  #3

Just a personal view but having had tripods with flip (snap) leg locks I would never suggest them to anyone. I have found twist locks (on my own tripods and others that I have tried) to lock MUCH more securely. Twist locks are much kinder on your pinkies in cold weather too!

Most twist locks grip tighter with greater loads whereas flip locks slip when you hit their limit or less if you do not keep them adjusted properly.

I cannot comment on the tripods that you quote as I have never used them, but they look a bit lightweight to me. If you are only putting light loads on them and not using longer lenses then they may well be just the job, but not having used them I couldn't say.

Life is for living, cameras are to capture it (one day I will learn how!).

297 views & 0 likes for this thread
Benro IT25 vs Beike q999
FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.