Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 05 Sep 2017 (Tuesday) 01:09
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Bang for Buck ND filter

Ah-keong
Joined Apr 2016
Sep 11, 2017 20:39 |  #16

TooManyShots wrote in post #18449292 (external link)
If I were you, I would get a 2 stops or 3 stops ND filter and to stack it. From what I read and understand, 9 stops/10 stops are often used if you want to create creative BW shots. Most people use the 6 stops filter more....Personally, I am planing to stack it with a CPL filter with my 6 stops ND. That should give me about 8 stops. I could also stack two long exposure shots in CS6 in order to get the necessary 10 stops+ motion blur effects.

Thanks for the advise.
I considered this option but stacking two filters cause some vignette from ~16mm to ~20mm)

I shall borrow another filter and try again :-D

Canon 7D Mark II | BG-E16 | Canon EF-S 10-18mm | Sigma DC 18-35mm ART |
Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT |
Olympus E-PL3 | M.Zuiko ED 7-14mm PRO
Manfrotto BeFree Travel Tripod |
Tenba DNA 15 Messenger | Think Tank Photo Digital Holster 40v2.0 | Speed Changer v2.0

784 views & 8 likes for this thread
Bang for Buck ND filter
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.