Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 08 Sep 2017 (Friday) 12:52
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Need help with lighting purchase (AD360II-C)

Patbil10
Joined Apr 2014
Aylmer, Quebec
Sep 08, 2017 12:52 |  #1

Hi guys and gals, just wondering if the AD360II-C will be powerful enough to do outdoor portrait sessions using HSS. I love shooting fast primes wide open.

I know I could get the AD600 which most certainly is powerful enough, but that's simply too bulky. Will the AD360II-C do the trick ? Can anyone post some sample photos using the AD360II-C ?

Much appreciated. :-)

Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon EOS M5, Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II,Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II,Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 35mm Art, Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8, EF-M 22mm f/2, Canon ef-m 15-45, Rokinon 14mm f2.8 and other stuff...

mmmfotografie
Goldmember
2,060 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Utrecht Netherlands
Post has been edited 2 months ago by mmmfotografie.
Sep 08, 2017 14:44 |  #2

HA, the most favourite subject is back in this part of the forum.

mmmfotografie : portfolio (external link) | ModelMayhem profile (external link)

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
Joined Feb 2013
Florida
Post has been edited 2 months ago by MalVeauX.
Sep 08, 2017 14:48 |  #3

It can do it at very close proximity to the subject. It will not be doing it at 12 feet away in full sun at F2.

So yes it can work if you're using it at very close proximity to subject with no modifiers that rob a ton of power from it, especially if you want to use it as fill light in full sun.

Realistically if you're wanting to do full sun beat down, start with a 600ws. They're bigger and bulkier. Yes. But if you want to beat the sun it takes power. It also gives you more distance which lets you go full body with really fast focal-ratio in full sun.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link) :: Canon 135L For Sale | Canon 17-40L For Sale | Canon 50mm STM For Sale | YN622C-TX & YN622C x 2 For Sale

Patbil10
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Apr 2014
Aylmer, Quebec
Sep 11, 2017 12:54 |  #4

mmmfotografie wrote in post #18447528 (external link)
HA, the most favourite subject is back in this part of the forum.

What would you suggest ? I can always raise the ISO to compensate for distance...

Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon EOS M5, Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II,Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II,Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 35mm Art, Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8, EF-M 22mm f/2, Canon ef-m 15-45, Rokinon 14mm f2.8 and other stuff...

1,668 views & 2 likes for this thread
Need help with lighting purchase (AD360II-C)
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.