Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 14 Sep 2017 (Thursday) 06:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Neewer Trigger Not Working as Expected

Temma
Joined Sep 2009
Rocky River, Ohio
Sep 14, 2017 06:02 |  #1

I recently purchased a couple of the Amazon Basics manual speed lights and Neewer 16 channel wireless remote set (transmitter and two receivers).

While they work when the test button on the transmitter is pushed, they don't work when I try to do a focus stack from inside the DSLR Controller app on my Android tablet.

It works not in DSLR Controller or live view.

From my brief reading (I only got the gear last night), it appears there are issues with live view and non-Canon flashes. My old Sigma Sigma EF500 DG Super works just fine in live view, either on the hot shoe or with an ETTL cable.

I need live view in order to use DSLR Controller.

Is there a way to make these triggers work with DSLR Controller?
Is there another reasonably priced wireless trigger set that will work?

I need to get these flashes working so that I can start using flash for my macrophotography focus stacking.

mmmfotografie
Goldmember
2,035 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Utrecht Netherlands
Post has been edited 1 month ago by mmmfotografie.
Sep 14, 2017 11:07 |  #2

My strobes aren't firing !

Go into your camera's menu and find the liveview configuration. Check if there is a silent mode option, and make sure it is set to disabled. It is also known that non-Canon flashes may not work when liveview is active.

Source: dslrcontroller.com from the FAQ page.

mmmfotografie : portfolio (external link) | ModelMayhem profile (external link)

Temma
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Sep 2009
Rocky River, Ohio
Sep 15, 2017 06:26 |  #3

mmmfotografie wrote in post #18452127 (external link)
My strobes aren't firing !

Go into your camera's menu and find the liveview configuration. Check if there is a silent mode option, and make sure it is set to disabled. It is also known that non-Canon flashes may not work when liveview is active.

Source: dslrcontroller.com from the FAQ page.

On my T4i, that doesn't seem to work.

It'll trigger the flash when not in live view, but not when in it. It'll even trigger it from DSLR Controller... just not when doing focus stacking which seems to require live view.

Since my TTL Sigma flash works, I wonder if a TTL compatible trigger would work. I'm not getting a lot of useful information from my Google searches.

2,563 views & 0 likes for this thread
Neewer Trigger Not Working as Expected
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.