Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 20 Sep 2017 (Wednesday) 12:12
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LCD screen and shutter release

Ty ­ G
136 posts
Joined Mar 2008
Post has been edited 1 month ago by Ty G.
Sep 20, 2017 12:12 |  #1

On Canon 40D
Quick question, is there a way to allow the LCD screen to work, (show playback), while shutter release cable is plugged in? When I have the release plugged, the LCD will not come on whether I press "play" or "menu." I have to unplug it to see play mode.
Ty

40D, 30D, couple BG-E2 grips, 70-200L 2.8 IS, 17-40L F4, 580EXII, and some other junk.

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
11,611 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Traryd, Sweden
Sep 21, 2017 02:41 |  #2

Yes, get a cable relese that works correctly. Your remote seems to half-press the trigger all the time.

Anders

Ty ­ G
THREAD ­ STARTER
136 posts
Joined Mar 2008
Sep 21, 2017 23:58 as a reply to apersson850's post |  #3

What you say makes so much sense. I did notice that it was continually auto focusing when plugged in. I have ordered a different one, so we shall see. Thanks so very much!! I was thinking it was camera settings and all along, just junk accessory.

40D, 30D, couple BG-E2 grips, 70-200L 2.8 IS, 17-40L F4, 580EXII, and some other junk.

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,376 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Sep 22, 2017 06:10 |  #4

Ty G wrote in post #18457597 (external link)
I have ordered a different one, so we shall see.

Are you buying something off eBay? Many knockoffs are known to have similar problems. I believe that recommended switch is the RS-80N3 which lists at $70 but can be found for about $50. Because of little demand, some "genuine" ones appear on eBay. https://www.ebay.com ...-Control-Cable/1400284010 (external link) will get you one for $10, comes from Hong Kong but free shipping.

2,622 views & 0 likes for this thread
LCD screen and shutter release
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.