Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Data Storage, Memory Cards & Backup
Thread started 25 Sep 2017 (Monday) 03:15
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Recycling Compact Flash Cards

la_ricecooker
219 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Pasadena, California
Sep 25, 2017 03:15 |  #1

I'm sure I'm not the only with a ton of low capacity cards sitting around.

Anyone have an environmentally friendly solution to discard old memory cards?

Thank you in advance for any helpful suggestions.

Bill

First three Canon 5Ds. Some lights (some really fancy ones too). Some glass (maybe a few too many but who's keeping track?). Some cool stamps on my passport.

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,353 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Post has been edited 21 days ago by John from PA.
Sep 25, 2017 06:28 |  #2

Best Buy stores have bins for disposal of electronic stuff, usually as you enter the store. Big stuff, like an old CRT TV for instance they ask that you take it to the customer service counter.

Your profile says you hail from Pasadena so you might also watch the Pasadena Department of Publics for their electronic waste events (four a year). Unfortunately they had one in August and the date of the next one isn't posted. See http://ww5.cityofpasad​ena.net ...nd-paper-shredding-event/ (external link)

davesrose
Goldmember
2,772 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Atlanta, GA
Sep 25, 2017 13:19 |  #3

You could sell them. Computer geeks like using old CF cards for storage devices with vintage computers.

Canon 5D mk III , 7D mk II
EF 135mm 2.0L, EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, EF 24-70 2.8L II, EF 50mm 1.4, EF 100mm 2.8L Macro, EF 16-35mm 4L IS, Sigma 150-600mm C, 580EX, 600EX-RT, MeFoto Globetrotter tripod, grips, Black Rapid RS-7, CAMS plate and strap system, Lowepro Flipside 500 AW, and a few other things...
smugmug (external link)

la_ricecooker
THREAD ­ STARTER
219 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Pasadena, California
Sep 28, 2017 16:26 as a reply to davesrose's post |  #4

Thank you for suggesting that. That didn't even dawn on me.

First three Canon 5Ds. Some lights (some really fancy ones too). Some glass (maybe a few too many but who's keeping track?). Some cool stamps on my passport.

la_ricecooker
THREAD ­ STARTER
219 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Pasadena, California
Sep 28, 2017 16:27 |  #5

John from PA wrote in post #18459864 (external link)
Best Buy stores have bins for disposal of electronic stuff, usually as you enter the store. Big stuff, like an old CRT TV for instance they ask that you take it to the customer service counter.

Your profile says you hail from Pasadena so you might also watch the Pasadena Department of Publics for their electronic waste events (four a year). Unfortunately they had one in August and the date of the next one isn't posted. See http://ww5.cityofpasad​ena.net ...nd-paper-shredding-event/ (external link)

Yes. Thank you for the suggestion. I know exactly where to go.

266 views & 1 like for this thread
Recycling Compact Flash Cards
FORUMS General Gear Talk Data Storage, Memory Cards & Backup

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.