Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support
Thread started 28 Sep 2017 (Thursday) 04:23
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Which horizontal centre column to get for my Feisol CT-3442 Tripod?

lsquare
Goldmember
1,918 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Sep 28, 2017 04:23 |  #1

I've had this tripod for a long time now and I am thinking of getting a centre column for it. Feisol have a fairly extensive lineup of products for sale. Can someone please guide me to the right one?

Thanks!

johnf3f
Goldmember
3,681 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2010
Wales
Sep 28, 2017 17:32 |  #2

Just a word of caution.

Your CT-3442 is a very light tripod and it does not have a large footprint relative to it's height so off center weights can make it unstable very easily so bear this in mind - topples can be expensive!

This is not a criticism of the Tournament tripods (I love them!) it is just physics. To get their enviable combination of height, folded length and light weight there must be compromises somewhere.

Life is for living, cameras are to capture it (one day I will learn how!).

lsquare
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,918 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Oct 06, 2017 23:16 |  #3

johnf3f wrote in post #18462390 (external link)
Just a word of caution.

Your CT-3442 is a very light tripod and it does not have a large footprint relative to it's height so off center weights can make it unstable very easily so bear this in mind - topples can be expensive!

This is not a criticism of the Tournament tripods (I love them!) it is just physics. To get their enviable combination of height, folded length and light weight there must be compromises somewhere.

I think this was one of the frequent critisms of the CT-3442. I personally haven't had any issues, but compared to my Gitzos in the past, it does have a smaller footprint.

193 views & 0 likes for this thread
Which horizontal centre column to get for my Feisol CT-3442 Tripod?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.