Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner
Thread started 28 Sep 2017 (Thursday) 10:39
Prev/next
Poll"Which Way?"
A
0%
B
0%
C
55.6%
D
44.4%

9 voters, 9 votes given (1 choice only choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Over Head Shot Which Way's Up?

DThriller
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2011
Rhode Island
Sep 28, 2017 10:39 |  #1

I thought this would be fun to make a poll about. I really don't know which way to turn this one. Let me know what you think please!

Model: Natasha

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

http://www.facebook.co​m/DPhillipsStudios (external link)
http://DPhillipsStudio​s.com (external link)

olafs ­ osh
I am a nice and fluffy dude
Joined Apr 2012
Latvia and Lithuania
Sep 28, 2017 11:24 |  #2

I have never shot these kind of images myself, but I always found them to be tricky ones and those, which require good thinking beforehand. Because by default they seem awkward, and you have to consider everything, what goes into a frame, as more or less everything is playing bigger part in the composition as it normally would. SO, first of all - kudos for actually doing that!

I voted C, as, being said about natural awkwardness what comes with this, it's more suitable for actually seeing it. Since there is no much detail [quantity here can be considered as additional objects or one, but prominent - you get the idea], there is nothing, what could play alongside the model, thus other angles seems... unneeded.

P.S. I would get rid of water reflection along her side.

- Olafs Osh
fb (external link) | instagram (external link) | YT (external link)|OLAFSOSH.COM (external link)|
Give us "Street Photography" sub-forum in P.O.T.N. !

OhLook
Spiderwoman
15,286 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Sep 28, 2017 11:41 |  #3

C looks more normal in a sense because we usually see people with their heads at the highest point, but this pose clashes with the obvious fact that the model is lying down. She ends up seeming to defy gravity, or about to tip over, or unconscious and propped up. I voted D, which doesn't jar with lying down and, unlike A, puts her head higher than her torso.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

Chet
For $20, I'll be your friend.
41,706 posts
Gallery: 89 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Sep 28, 2017 12:09 |  #4

Clearly "D" as illustrated in this revision. As you can see the bent arms form an UP arrow representing direction of the torso. The elbow at the highest point leads the eye accordingly.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

417 views & 0 likes for this thread
Over Head Shot Which Way's Up?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.