Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife
Thread started 01 Oct 2017 (Sunday) 22:48
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Lone Bee

david.g.photo84
31 posts
Joined Sep 2017
Oct 01, 2017 22:48 |  #1

Hello POTN,

I know that all of you may think that I am a new member, but I have been a member for around 10 years or so. Unfortunately, I stopped taking pictures for a very long time and no longer am able to login to my old account since I no longer use the e-mail addresses or phone number associated with it. I have recently decided that I would like to get back into photography and wanted to change things up a bit, so I sold my T5i a couple of weeks ago and upgraded to a 6D W/ 24-105mm F4L. I may have not needed the upgrade, but I wanted to see what I was missing and I'm in a financial situation where I could afford it, so I figured, what the heck. It is like night and day when comparing to my T5i. The sharpness and clarity of the camera/lens combo could not be beat by my old Rebel.

I have played with it over this weekend, since it was just delivered this past Saturday (USPS delayed my package from B&H), so I haven't had a chance to use it much. I will primarily use it to take pictures of my family and product photography for my eBay business since I sell lots of clothes and wanted to have excellent pictures. I have done some small paid shoots years ago and I may dabble in paid shoots again, but right now I am just enjoying this camera.

Here is one of the 1st pictures I have taken with it. It's nothing fancy and was cropped quite a bit from the original, but I was surprised how clear and sharp it still is after the resize. I am trying to build my post count up and wanted to re-introduce myself, so if you have any critique or advice, please don't hesitate to tell me.

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4416/36734862584_ede0bf44f4_z.jpg

Regards,

David

OhLook
Spiderwoman
15,262 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Oct 01, 2017 23:10 |  #2

"Any critique or advice"? Yes, this advice. Use the "Send feedback to staff" link at the bottom of any page to report your difficulty with logging in, because having two accounts is a serious violation of forum rules no matter what the reason and can result in banning.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

david.g.photo84
THREAD ­ STARTER
31 posts
Joined Sep 2017
Post has been edited 2 months ago by david.g.photo84.
Oct 01, 2017 23:24 as a reply to OhLook's post |  #3

Done, but honestly if I hadn't of said anything no one would know since I am using a different email address and phone number.

OhLook
Spiderwoman
15,262 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Oct 02, 2017 00:28 |  #4

david.g.photo84 wrote in post #18464309 (external link)
Done, but honestly if I hadn't of said anything no one would know since I am using a different email address and phone number.

Your post introducing yourself gives it away. Better to be in the clear; mods can easily see the post.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

360 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lone Bee
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.