Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities
Thread started 03 Oct 2017 (Tuesday) 12:54
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK: Part 585 - Rule of Thirds

OldCrow
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2013
NC Foothills
Oct 11, 2017 07:09 |  #31

Add another to the prayer list for Tim and all those affected by the wildfires.

Don
---------------
Canon SX50, Pentax K30, Fuji S2950

sponsored links
OhLook
Spiderwoman
15,177 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Oct 11, 2017 22:25 |  #32

The air here smelled smoky today. A few people on the street wore protective masks or bandannas. The sky was light gray. Haze was everywhere. Shadows on white or neutral gray surfaces at midday were the orangish color one expects near sunset. And these are the effects 50 miles (90 km) from the fires, very roughly. In the actual fire area, conditions must be terrible. The current death count is 23.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2011
East Bay, CA
Oct 12, 2017 13:02 as a reply to OhLook's post |  #33

I had a north facing window open in my bedroom and I woke up at 3am to the smell of smoke blowing into my room. I never wake up in the middle of the night, but it just happened to be hitting me right in the face. It's bad!
I'm a little further away than OhLook, in Union City.

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
Joined Apr 2008
Milo's Meadow - Bloom County
Oct 17, 2017 11:16 |  #34

Our place survived and we were allowed to return yesterday. We are very fortunate. A nearby neighborhood ridge lost over 70 homes. I've lost count of how many close friends have lost their houses.

There's too many people to quote here, but I want to thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers.

Thanks!

Tim

Flickr external link

OhLook
Spiderwoman
15,177 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Oct 17, 2017 11:20 as a reply to Timphoto's post |  #35

Tim, it's a relief to hear anything at all from you. That you still have a home is a bonus.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

RhodyPhotos
Joined Jun 2014
providence, ri
Oct 17, 2017 11:25 |  #36

Timphoto wrote in post #18474738 (external link)
Our place survived and we were allowed to return yesterday. We are very fortunate. A nearby neighborhood ridge lost over 70 homes. I've lost count of how many close friends have lost their houses.

There's too many people to quote here, but I want to thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers.

Thanks!

Hello tim, very nice to hear from you. great to hear that your house and barn were spared. So sorry about the properties of your friends and neighbors. Hopefully everyone is safe.

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
Joined Apr 2008
Oct 17, 2017 11:35 |  #37

OhLook wrote in post #18474743 (external link)
Tim, it's a relief to hear anything at all from you. That you still have a home is a bonus.

My wife spent the last week at her mother's place nearby. I had a cot at the fairgrounds in the horse barn tack room next to our horse and donkey. My dogs were taken down to my son's house in Fremont.

We had it pretty good compared to a lot of folks. The Sonoma County horse people banded together and took great care of everyone. I'm still in awe of all the volunteers and also the restaurants who brought dinner in every evening. We were not lacking for anything. I also want to put in a good word for the Salvation Army folks. They did an amazing job of feeding all the hundreds of evacuees in the two big halls at the other end of the fairgrounds. They're still out there working hard as I write this.

Tim

Flickr external link

OldCrow
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2013
NC Foothills
Oct 17, 2017 11:48 |  #38

Good to hear all is safe with you and yours Tim.

Sorry about your friends and neighbors.

Don
---------------
Canon SX50, Pentax K30, Fuji S2950

Sibil
Cream of the Crop
5,128 posts
Joined Jan 2009
SoCal
Post has been edited 1 month ago by Sibil.
Oct 17, 2017 12:41 |  #39

Hey Tim, with every news coverage on TV, I though about you. I am so glad that you came out of this well, and feel really bad about people who lost everything. My prayers are with all of them. Kudos to all the volunteers who came out and helped people in need.

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2011
East Bay, CA
Oct 17, 2017 14:08 |  #40

Sorry about all your friends and neighbors, but I'm really glad to hear your home is still there and it's now safe for you.

Stina
flickr (external link)

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
Joined Apr 2008
Oct 17, 2017 21:59 |  #41

OhLook wrote in post #18474743 (external link)

OldCrow wrote in post #18474754 (external link)
Good to hear all is safe with you and yours Tim.

Sorry about your friends and neighbors.

Sibil wrote in post #18474796 (external link)
Hey Tim, with every news coverage on TV, I though about you. I am so glad that you came out of this well, and feel really bad about people who lost everything. My prayers are with all of them. Kudos to all the volunteers who came out and helped people in need.

EastBayGirl wrote in post #18474837 (external link)
Sorry about all your friends and neighbors, but I'm really glad to hear your home is still there and it's now safe for you.

Thanks everyone! It's a strange feeling to be going into town for groceries and such when there are two National Guard MP's at an intersection just down the road. They're stopping folks from going into the severely burned area where 70+ houses were destroyed by the fire. They're also screening folks going up my way to make certain they're locals, not potential looters. I should have some time to get Nifty out and about tomorrow.

Tim

Flickr external link

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2011
East Bay, CA
Oct 18, 2017 15:20 as a reply to Timphoto's post |  #42

I bet it's going to be pretty weird around there for a while, Tim. I'll peek into the Nifty thread to see what you post.

Stina
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,873 views & 39 likes for this thread
WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK: Part 585 - Rule of Thirds
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.