Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support
Thread started 07 Oct 2017 (Saturday) 17:34
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Second Camera Side Mounted on Monopod

IODebbie
472 posts
Joined May 2007
Southern California
Oct 07, 2017 17:34 |  #1

Last night I saw a gentleman shooting a football game with a monopod. He had one camera with a large lens mounted on the top of the monopod and then he had a second camera with a smaller lens attached to the monopod (below the head) with some kind of a clamp/bracket. The second camera was off to the side. I should have taken a photo of him but didn't. Anyone have any idea what kind of clamp/bracket I would use to attach to the body of the monopod to mount the second camera off to the side? Thanks for your help!

Debbie

Canon 50D with battery grip, 580EX flash,Canon 70-300mm IS, Tamron 28-300mm, Sigma 50-500mm, Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8, Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8, Tamron 90mm macro & a Quantum SC battery pack

bpalermini
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2011
Ashland, Oregon
Oct 07, 2017 17:49 |  #2

I would guess it might have been a super clamp (external link).

Bob Palermini
1DX, 14 Rokinon, 16-35L, 24-70L II, 100L, 70-200 IS 2.8L, 300 IS 2.8L, 400mm 2.8 IS II, 1.4xIII, 2xIII, 580EXII, YN560IV, RRS TVC23 + BH55, LRCC, Fuji X-E2, Fuji X30
My Web Site (external link) | My Sports Portfolio (external link)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Oct 07, 2017 19:18 |  #3

Even a mini clamp can hold a camera, depending on the lens.

https://www.bhphotovid​eo.com ...m_Clamp_with_Ratche​t.html (external link)

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,356 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Post has been edited 7 days ago by John from PA.
Oct 10, 2017 14:13 |  #4

Along these lines a month or so back I had seen a "semi" pro running around taking pictures with a monopod made from a Shur Line painters pole with an adapter available off Amazon. The pole came from Home Depot and was a Shurline ($19) that extended to about 5 feet (minimum 2-1/2 feet). The adapter can be found at https://www.amazon.com ...era-Monopod/dp/B00EVWS1JK (external link) and is pictured below. It screws onto a painter's pole or even a cheap threaded broom handle; one end into or on the ground, the camera on the adapter. You can get painter's poles that are quite long but I don't think I would trust a 5DIII on a 12 foot pole, but as an 8 foot monopod used while standing on a chair, it is a usable device.

The adapter is made by ClickSnap and they have several types that could prove useful. See https://www.clicksnap.​net/ (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

162 views & 0 likes for this thread
Second Camera Side Mounted on Monopod
FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.