Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch
Thread started 14 Oct 2017 (Saturday) 16:12
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

What is your minimum price? Drives me NUTS!

pigpile34
Joined Oct 2015
Oct 23, 2017 17:48 |  #76

Bassat wrote in post #18479200 (external link)
I see your point. The counter-point is that I've never NOT sold anything I was trying to sell. Why tolerate the frustration unnecessarily?

I discovered about 20 years ago that fishing is a LOT more fun if I leave the bait at home, and use that un-used space to take more beer. BAIT=Optional. BEER=Essential. Fishing is indeed an art form.

This is exactly my experience. I'm too old now to be wasting my time on an insulting first offer or ridiculous 1st email. There is always another buyer out there, always. I do negotiate, but only with people that aren't trying to get it for way under fair market.

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,617 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004
New York
Oct 28, 2017 08:21 |  #77

I’ve bought and sold probably in excess of 50k in gear here over many years mostly without issue. I price low and so it goes. There is one particular member, however, nice enough guy, who invariably, and I don’t think with mal intent, makes me a lowball offer. I’ve always thank him for his interest and politely decline. Until the last time. His offer was so absurd, I replied by telling him I’d not only ship it to him, but I’d pay him to take my pristine gear off my hands.

I recently divested of all my gear, a 1dx2 with 5000 on shutter, 24-70 II, 70-200 2.8 II, 100-400 II, 3 600 ex flashes, etc. I didn’t bother to list it. I know a few members who are prolific buyers and sellers. I pmd one, told him how much I wanted, he accepted, and I drove 150 miles to meet him. We had done many transactions before through my sale posts here. It was smooth as glass. No shipping, no PayPal fees, no nothing.

medicdude
Goldmember
1,887 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Sacramento, Ca
Nov 15, 2017 15:10 |  #78

Wilt wrote in post #18472849 (external link)
Most folks in USA have no comprehension of the process of barter/negotiation of price!

THIS!
drives me crazy. i completely ignore those responses.

Dustin
5D3 : Lenses : Flashes

Bassat
THREAD ­ STARTER
"I am still in my underwear."
6,544 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Nov 15, 2017 15:14 |  #79

MDJAK wrote in post #18483045 (external link)
I’ve bought and sold probably in excess of 50k in gear here over many years mostly without issue. I price low and so it goes. There is one particular member, however, nice enough guy, who invariably, and I don’t think with mal intent, makes me a lowball offer. I’ve always thank him for his interest and politely decline. Until the last time. His offer was so absurd, I replied by telling him I’d not only ship it to him, but I’d pay him to take my pristine gear off my hands.

I recently divested of all my gear, a 1dx2 with 5000 on shutter, 24-70 II, 70-200 2.8 II, 100-400 II, 3 600 ex flashes, etc. I didn’t bother to list it. I know a few members who are prolific buyers and sellers. I pmd one, told him how much I wanted, he accepted, and I drove 150 miles to meet him. We had done many transactions before through my sale posts here. It was smooth as glass. No shipping, no PayPal fees, no nothing.

Well, not quite nothing. Six or seven hours out of my day, and 12 gallons of gas is at least something.

Tom

2,952 views & 34 likes for this thread
What is your minimum price? Drives me NUTS!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.