Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras
Thread started 16 Oct 2017 (Monday) 17:24
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Sony A7 II - possible issues?

russkny
167 posts
Joined Aug 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Oct 16, 2017 17:24 |  #1

Hi all,

I noticed a few quirks with an A7 II and wasn't sure if these are known issues or just the way the camera operates.

-When shooting with strobes I had WB set to Flash, yet for some reason every time the strobes fired, live view on the LCD would become very yellow (as though reacting to light color change) and then gradually return to its normal color. Live View Display -> Setting Effect was OFF. Has anyone noticed this behavior?

-While using the camera in Manual Focus with strobes and aperture at f/9 I noticed that there is a significant delay before a shot can be taken. Basically the iris is fully open when Live View Display -> Setting Effect is OFF. When I press the shutter button the iris closes to the appropriate aperture, which takes about half a second, then the shutter activates. Is this working as intended or am I missing something?

This isn't an issue in AF, since the camera has to achieve focus before a shot can be taken, but in manual focus when I already have focus dialed in and just need to take several shots, this delay is quite a nuisance.

-Lastly, while reviewing images on the rear LCD I noticed that blue skies have very noticeable banding. When reviewing images on the computer this banding isn't present. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance!

Photo Gear: Sony A7R II | Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8
Lighting: Elinchrom Lights and Modifiers, Einstein 640 Lights

425 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sony A7 II - possible issues?
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.