Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 22 Oct 2017 (Sunday) 22:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Hosting service that processes sales?

ShutterKlick
79 posts
Joined Oct 2017
Oct 22, 2017 22:02 |  #1

I was looking at this link:
https://www.stockphoto​secrets.com ...os-and-prints-online.html (external link)

Saw a few I may be able to afford. Id like an easy "upload and forget" service to use, in contrast to doing the website myself, hosting the pictures myself, processing the credit card transaction myself, THEN having to submit my images to a print service to drop ship.

I dont do enough to justify a pro level service, but Id like a turn key service that I can get paid though.

Your advice is welcome!

Thanks,
Andrew

"Camera rich, Cash poor"

bpalermini
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2011
Ashland, Oregon
Oct 22, 2017 22:08 |  #2

I use the $150 per year SmugMug service. It lets you have one price list for all of the photo galleries you want to sell from. You set the prices for each item you chose to offer. It works well and is not too difficult to get setup if you are ok with a template design. You can do a lot more to customize if you feel the need. They charge an the annual fee of $150 and 15% on what you sell plus the actual cost of the print. They have a number of labs you can chose from to make your prints.

I have sold a lot of prints and digital downloads on SmugMug and it has worked out well for me.

Bob Palermini
1DX, 14 Rokinon, 16-35L, 24-70L II, 100L, 70-200 IS 2.8L, 300 IS 2.8L, 400mm 2.8 IS II, 1.4xIII, 2xIII, 580EXII, YN560IV, RRS TVC23 + BH55, LRCC, Fuji X-E2, Fuji X30
My Web Site (external link) | My Sports Portfolio (external link)

ShutterKlick
THREAD ­ STARTER
79 posts
Joined Oct 2017
Post has been edited 1 month ago by ShutterKlick.
Oct 23, 2017 22:17 |  #3

Thank you Mini, Ive had best pleasure with the quality of NPL, do that offer them by chance?
If not, who have you used, that they offer.. that you were very pleased with the quality of prints?

Also, do you have a link to one of your galleries or albums that have pictures for sale, which I
may see the layout and workflow that the customer would interface with?

Thanks for your informative post!

Andrew

"Camera rich, Cash poor"

bpalermini
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2011
Ashland, Oregon
Oct 24, 2017 23:55 |  #4

The lab I have been using is called EZPrints. I believe they are in Atlanta. I have used them ever since I started with SmugMug, before most of the other labs became available. I have ordered samples from some of the other labs but have not changed labs. You would have to take a look at the SmugMug site to see the labs they work with. The list is not very long.

You can go to any of my galleries and click on the buy button below a photo.

HERE (external link) is one of my recent galleries for you to take a look at. Again, click on a photo to see it full browser screen and there will be a buy button in the lower right folder.

Bob Palermini
1DX, 14 Rokinon, 16-35L, 24-70L II, 100L, 70-200 IS 2.8L, 300 IS 2.8L, 400mm 2.8 IS II, 1.4xIII, 2xIII, 580EXII, YN560IV, RRS TVC23 + BH55, LRCC, Fuji X-E2, Fuji X30
My Web Site (external link) | My Sports Portfolio (external link)

ShutterKlick
THREAD ­ STARTER
79 posts
Joined Oct 2017
Nov 03, 2017 19:27 |  #5

Thank you for your follow up Bob!

I have a quick question... It looks like you are hosting your own gallery, but it "ties in" with SmugMug??

I like the setup, I may be interested in "duplicating", if its something affordable.

Would you care to expand on how your gallery with your domain name works "along with" SM?

BTW, your pictures are great!

Thanks,
Andrew

"Camera rich, Cash poor"

473 views & 0 likes for this thread
Hosting service that processes sales?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.