Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support
Thread started 23 Oct 2017 (Monday) 03:21
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Make tripod head move smoother

davholla
Joined Nov 2014
Oct 23, 2017 03:21 |  #1

I have a Manfrotto MK294A3-D3RC2 294 Aluminium Tripod Kit with 3 Way QR Head and the head does not move that smoothly.
This thread http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=820933 suggests the way to fix it, is to take it apart and then clean it and put a bit off T-9 BoeShield grease (hopefully I can find the UK equivalent) on it
a) what do people think?
b) Any ideas what the UK equivalent is?

DaviSto
... sorry. I got carried away!
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Post has been edited 29 days ago by DaviSto.
Oct 23, 2017 03:37 |  #2

Amazon sell it in the UK ... but it is pricey.

Seems like the key feature of T-9 is that it dries to a wax, meaning that it will not attract dirt or dust or easily contaminate other equipment.

Finish Line Dry Bike Lubricant also dries to a wax and is a fraction of the price ... but, unlike T-9, it is not waterproof. I don't think this will be a major drawback in practice. I can vouch for the fact that it doesn't attract dirt and dust in the way that a wet lubricant or grease would.

EDIT: Digging around, I couldn't find any alternative to T-9 that is both a dry lubricant and waterproof.

Comment and (constructive) criticism always welcome.

231 views & 2 likes for this thread
Make tripod head move smoother
FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.