Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events
Thread started 28 Oct 2017 (Saturday) 00:58
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Photos from a home wedding

George ­ Zip
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2015
Oct 28, 2017 00:58 |  #1

This was my third wedding.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links
George ­ Zip
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2015
Oct 28, 2017 01:00 |  #2

Bridal prep and ring shot. I don't mind the ring shot, I usually suck at this sort of thing.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

George ­ Zip
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2015
Oct 28, 2017 01:01 |  #3

Pre First look and the groom and his mates drinking beers

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

George ­ Zip
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2015
Oct 28, 2017 01:03 |  #4

Semi amusing candid and couple shot

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

George ­ Zip
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2015
Oct 28, 2017 01:07 |  #5

It was funny, I got some decent shots, but felt like I did not have my mojo. I did not get an image that was a little different or wowed me. I blame myself, I find that the quality of this sort of work is a direct reflection on the photographer.

-AP-
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2008
Arizona
Oct 28, 2017 20:24 |  #6

Awesome work! Loved them all!!

WEBSITEexternal link | FACEBOOKexternal link | Canon 5d3 | SX50 HS | T3I |70-200L | 24-70L | 50mm f1.4 | YN-622c | Bunch of lights and other stuff..

George ­ Zip
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2015
Oct 29, 2017 07:01 |  #7

-AP- wrote in post #18483501 (external link)
Awesome work! Loved them all!!

Thank you

mdvaden
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
Beaverton, Oregon
Oct 29, 2017 17:08 |  #8

George Zip wrote in post #18482901 (external link)
It was funny, I got some decent shots, but felt like I did not have my mojo. I did not get an image that was a little different or wowed me. I blame myself, I find that the quality of this sort of work is a direct reflection on the photographer.

Do most shoots you do have a few photos you consider "wow"

I'm very satisfied if there are plenty of good photos, but thinking back over year's shoots, especially portraits, most shoots pan-out at least one photo that I find exceptional for my own liking.

vadenphotography.comexternal link . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Pageexternal link

George ­ Zip
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2015
Post has been edited 20 days ago by George Zip.
Oct 29, 2017 18:59 |  #9

mdvaden wrote in post #18484155 (external link)
Do most shoots you do have a few photos you consider "wow"

I'm very satisfied if there are plenty of good photos, but thinking back over year's shoots, especially portraits, most shoots pan-out at least one photo that I find exceptional for my own liking.

Wow is obviously subjective.... but yeah... I usually get something whether it be an event, organised shoot, sport whatever. I also usually get an outstanding candid, but not s much this time.

Don't get me wrong the clients LOVE what they have seen so far.

With this one, my ideas just did not translate to camera like I had in my mind. Oh well... can't win em all I guess.

Colin ­ Glover
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2012
Southport nr Liverpool United Kingdom
Oct 30, 2017 12:19 |  #10

Some wow shots there for sure. Great job.

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

Point-n-shoot-n
Goldmember
1,582 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Tampa, Florida
Oct 30, 2017 20:01 |  #11

Really liking 1 & 2 from this set...hard to beat natural window light!

Canon 5D mk iii, Canon 5d classic, Rebel XTI 400D 18-55 kit lens, Canon EF 85mm 1:1.8, Canon EF 17-40 F4L, Quantaray 70-300 1:4-5.6 LD, Canon 70-200 F2.8 iiL, Canon EF135 F2 L, Tamron 28-75 1:2.8 , 2 alien bee 800's, 430 EXii, 580 EXii, rectangular and octo softboxes, assorted umbrellas, portable backdrops, radio triggers and still adding.............

mdvaden
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
Beaverton, Oregon
Oct 30, 2017 20:16 |  #12

George Zip wrote in post #18484220 (external link)
Wow is obviously subjective.... but yeah... I usually get something whether it be an event, organised shoot, sport whatever. I also usually get an outstanding candid, but not s much this time.

Don't get me wrong the clients LOVE what they have seen so far.

With this one, my ideas just did not translate to camera like I had in my mind. Oh well... can't win em all I guess.

Bet if you let the folder sit a few months and come back to it, it's possible you may change your mind, and something may strike you much more than when you first saw them.

vadenphotography.comexternal link . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Pageexternal link

George ­ Zip
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2015
Oct 30, 2017 22:35 |  #13

mdvaden wrote in post #18485035 (external link)
Bet if you let the folder sit a few months and come back to it, it's possible you may change your mind, and something may strike you much more than when you first saw them.

It happens like that. I think I was feeling a bit down on my work cause I was getting the damn flu.

I am sitting here doing the edit. I found a couple that I like personally. So this was post ceremony. The little fella was besotted with the pretty young lady, so he gave her a leaf. I was not aware of that at the time I just saw them and liked how it looked. I love this sort of thing. I must be getting sentimental in my middle age.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Colin ­ Glover
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2012
Southport nr Liverpool United Kingdom
Oct 31, 2017 12:31 |  #14

I say, Amazing stuff there boy(Foghorn Leghorn voice)! I know what you mean George. When I import into LR, I hate my shots. But after I've posted the Sneak Peeks, my wife, the couple and myself love them. And when I do my wedding page on my website, I'm extremely happy with the results. Can we see some more please? That last one was awesome. I need fast glass bw!

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

sponsored links

664 views & 16 likes for this thread
Photos from a home wedding
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.