Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch
Thread started 29 Oct 2017 (Sunday) 16:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Suspected of Fraud????

this thread is locked
TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,026 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Oct 29, 2017 16:46 |  #1

I just placed an order for the Tamron 45 f1.8 from Pixel Connection. For some reasons, my order has been flagged as Suspected of Fraud. My first time ordering from them and just registered with them. Is this normal? The price is only $399...surprisingly the instant rebate should have ended yesterday but the Nikon mount is being sold for $399......I should have ordered it earlier but I wasn't sure if I should go for the Sigma 50 art...more expensive...

One Imaging Photographyexternal link and my Flickrexternal link
Facebookexternal link

sponsored links
Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,153 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Oct 29, 2017 16:52 |  #2

There is apparently a database maintained by some shipping outfit which flags suspicious addresses. I heard some years ago on POTN about a guy in Canada who tried to have goods shipped to his MOTHER'S address in the Midwest, and the business he was dealing with would NOT ship to that location.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,026 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Oct 29, 2017 16:56 as a reply to Wilt's post |  #3

Not sure if it relates to me since I have my PayPal account for ages..... I am trying to get an answer from them from their FB page. Hopefully, I would get an answer. Fine, they want to decline my order. Maybe it wasn't meant for me to get the Tamron. Maybe I should have gotten the Sigma 50 art instead...:) Assuming they would refund me as soon as possible.....

Facebookexternal link

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,026 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Oct 29, 2017 17:01 |  #4

Hmmmm....I don't know...is kind of messed up if they flagged new account holders for no reasons....when they make an online purchase. I mean...like really????

Facebookexternal link

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,153 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Post has been last edited 22 days ago by Wilt. 2 edits done in total.
Oct 29, 2017 17:08 |  #5

I found the post about not shipping to an address...my memory was bad, it was not his mother's address but his mother-in-law.

RandallB wrote in post #17827175 (external link)
I am actually shipping it to my inlaws in NY. The problem is their "system" says it is a freight forwarding address. It is a house. They have lived there since it was built over forty years ago. I explained that they receive shipments they from B&H, adorama, think geek, amazon, etc all the time. Many are orders I placed. I offered to send them a photo of the address and receipts from other companies that have shipped there. No dice- "My system says it is a freight forwarding address"

It's like a slap in the face- I always buy Canadian or US when the option is available. Even at a much higher price point. I tried to support this US company and get my time wasted instead. Guess I will be purchasing Chinese or European now. Quite sad...

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,026 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Oct 29, 2017 17:13 as a reply to Wilt's post |  #6

Heheheheh...oh well...I am on the fence with the lens. Is clearly Tamron ended the rebate on the 28th. But many places are selling it for $400 as of today. Will find out tomorrow. They are closed now but they are "active" on their FB page.

Facebookexternal link

smacatl
Goldmember
1,484 posts
Joined Jul 2008
Atlanta, GA
Oct 29, 2017 17:14 |  #7

Could the issue be from your credit card?

Perhaps the issue was raised from your credit card provider when the ship to zip code didn't match the credit card bill to zip code.

Smacatl
Premier Member of the OGUS Photo Club (Over-Geared, Under-Skilled) (with Credit to our President & Founder JWCDDS)
Gear List

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,026 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Oct 29, 2017 17:20 |  #8

Nah....is not my first time making lens purchases using my PayPal account. In fact, I was using my PayPal balance. And another $10 from my PayPal credit card fund.

Facebookexternal link

N2bnfunn
Joined Dec 2010
Oct 29, 2017 18:42 |  #9

Well if they are going to act like that, then you know not to order from them again.

Canon 1DX Canon 5D MkIII Lens EF 16-35 L 2.8 EF 70-200 L 2.8 EF 50mm 1.2 L 24-105 4.0 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 Intuos Small Tablet 3 Canon 600EX-RT Speedlites

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
6,574 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Oct 29, 2017 18:45 |  #10

I'm quite happy to not do business with people who don't want to do business with me. My money appears to be good at more than one retailer.

Tom

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,026 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Post has been edited 22 days ago by TooManyShots.
Oct 29, 2017 18:49 |  #11

It could be some silly mistake or oversight....we will see...but....I am not feeling this vendor right now....Maybe I would buy the Sigma 50 art instead...from ebay....

I sent an FB message to them and they read it. However, I have not received any replies....hmmm.......​..

Facebookexternal link

Nogo
I could have been worse....
Joined Dec 2013
All Along the Natchez Trace (Clinton, MS)
Post has been edited 22 days ago by Nogo.
Oct 29, 2017 19:07 |  #12

Just on quick question. You did not try to use PayPal gift did you? People try to use it to avoid the fees but a wise seller would refuse to use that service unless they personally knew the buyer.

With PayPal being used that is what I would suspect if the transaction got flagged for suspected fraud.

Philip
Does the TF actually know about the soda cans and PVC pipe from 30 years ago?

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,026 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Oct 29, 2017 19:08 as a reply to Nogo's post |  #13

How???? I am paying to a commercial vendor through their payment system which has links to PayPal. The Gift option is for individuals....

Facebookexternal link

Nogo
I could have been worse....
Joined Dec 2013
All Along the Natchez Trace (Clinton, MS)
Oct 29, 2017 19:17 |  #14

Sometimes when you use PayPal there is a box you can click that makes it gift. It would be when you go to PayPal not when you are actually on their site. Without ordering something myself from that vendor there is no way for me to see if it is possible or not. Just pointing out that is one possibility.

Philip
Does the TF actually know about the soda cans and PVC pipe from 30 years ago?

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,026 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Oct 29, 2017 19:25 as a reply to Nogo's post |  #15

Nah..is pretty straight forward. I mean...you click on the PayPal option as payment type. You are then transferred to your paypal account. You select where you want to draw the fund. You click on continue. Sometimes, the transaction would end within the PayPal site or being taken back to the vendor checkout page. I haven't changed anything in how I use my PayPal account. I suspect some sorts of data issues with paypal and their system. Last week, I couldn't get ebay to accept my current paypal ID because it was still using my older log in email address. I then had to add my old email address in my paypal account in order to have ebay to accept my current email address.....

Facebookexternal link

sponsored links

1,514 views & 5 likes for this thread
Suspected of Fraud????
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.