Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk
Thread started 31 Oct 2017 (Tuesday) 11:51
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Team pictures rebate for League

lalvidrez
369 posts
Joined Jul 2006
Oct 31, 2017 11:51 |  #1

I am submitting for a basketball league shoot and they mentioned a rebate for the league aka kickback. What is the going rate for rebates for leagues? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

sponsored links
tmalone893
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2006
Memphis, TN
Oct 31, 2017 13:02 |  #2

It really depends on the league. I've seen 10-20% asked but the amount really doesn't matter unless they are looking for a ridiculous amount. You need to figure what you want to clear per kid. If the league wants say 20%, I raise my base rates to make sure I hit my per kid dollar amount. See if its a percent or a dollar amount the league is wanting. That's the big question.

Name: Theron
MaxPreps Profile (external link)
My Gear

flickr (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/theronmalone/ (external link)

HammerCope
774 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Nebraska
Nov 01, 2017 07:58 |  #3

I give them nothing. What I sell is mine. I have given them a few pictures for promotion but nothing else.

Pete
Canon 40D & 7D 24-70 F2.8 L 70-200 F4 L Norman 400B, AB800,AB1600 White Lighting 3200

PhotosGuy
74,822 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2004
Middle of Michigan
Nov 01, 2017 09:12 |  #4

I'd be tempted to suggest that if they need more money, they can raise the league rates enough that they could afford to pay me to shoot the teams. Or I can donate my time & keep all the sales. ; )

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1280 pixels on any side.

lalvidrez
THREAD ­ STARTER
369 posts
Joined Jul 2006
Nov 02, 2017 11:11 |  #5

Yes I figured I would redo my pricing to include the rebate amount. They actually asked about including a rebate on the bid. I will probably go with 10%. Thank you all for the input.

jra
Cream of the Crop
6,498 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Ohio
Nov 02, 2017 12:43 |  #6

I've done this in the past with a few leagues, but not many. Generally I offer the league free use of the photos for websites, yearbooks and promotion, but I'm usually shooting youth leagues and the photos have no commercial value outside of the league. That said, if a league is wanting to use their picture day as a fund raiser, I just ask them what percentage they would like to have and I tack that onto my base price. They make a little money and it doesn't affect my bottom line (although it takes a tiny bit more time to do the math and cut them a check which I generally deliver with the finished product).

sandwedge
Joined Aug 2011
Atlanta, GA
Post has been edited 13 days ago by sandwedge.
Nov 03, 2017 21:41 |  #7

I shoot for a youth church sports league (3 seasons - baseball, flag football, and basketball). I donate 10 percent of sales back to the program, which goes into a scholarship fund for children who otherwise couldn't afford to play. While I could use the money, it makes me happy to donate. The league also uses my photos in it's awards celebration videos and website.

I'm planning to expand my business in the future with other leagues and will offer the same deal to them, although I plan to increase my prices some to produce more profit.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/63710159@N07/ (external link)
http://www.DougMoon.sm​ugmug.com (external link)
80D, 7D, 5D, t2i, sx50, Sigma 150-600C, 100-400L, 70-200L II, 100mm Macro, Sigma 17-70, Sigma 50 1.4, Tamron 28-75, Tokina 11-20, Bower 8mm

lalvidrez
THREAD ­ STARTER
369 posts
Joined Jul 2006
Nov 06, 2017 10:19 |  #8

That's awesome Sandwedge the you do that. I did end up offering 10% but I did increase my package prices to offset that kick back. Guess it would be easier to just ask what they are expecting instead of guessing. Just waiting to hear back from them.

sponsored links

697 views & 1 like for this thread
Team pictures rebate for League
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.