Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
Thread started 31 Oct 2017 (Tuesday) 19:14
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

50mm explorations in M42 fast primes - which ones?

Hokie ­ Jim
Joined Jan 2016
Hillsborough, NC
Post has been edited 21 days ago by Hokie Jim.
Oct 31, 2017 19:14 |  #1

I don't have anything at 50mm, and I'm looking for a faster-than-f2 lens; preferably a f1.4, that I can use with an M42 adapter mount for a Canon 6D. I'll probably be selling the 35/2 IS, as I don't really find myself using it all that much these days, but I want something that is fast enough to be my low-light lens for nighttime wanderings.

Since I have other lenses if I want something sharp, or non-vingnettey, or accurate - I don't really care if the bokeh is all sorts of weird or it has lots of CA wide open.

What would you guys recommend for something that'll work with a 6D? Fujinon (EBC or non-EBC?)? Takumar? Helios?

Thanks!

The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature but plunges him more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint Exupéry
Canon 6D | 16-35 f/4L IS | Zeiss Milvus 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | 580EXII | Gitzo 1410MK2/RRS BH-55

Scottboarding
Joined May 2016
Oct 31, 2017 20:29 |  #2

I've never used it, but I've heard wonderful things about the Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4. I know there's two versions, but I think they have the different optics. The one with the rubber focus ring is the second version, and I think that is the better one.

Olympus E-M1 - Mitakon 25mm f0.95 - Olympus 25mm f1.8 - Olympus 17mm f1.8
Nikon FM2n - Nikon Ai-s 28mm f2.8 - Nikon Ai 50mm f1.4
Ricoh GRii

495 views & 0 likes for this thread
50mm explorations in M42 fast primes - which ones?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.