Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Other Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 01 Nov 2017 (Wednesday) 17:20
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Isn't DJI Due for a new drone soon?

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
32,234 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been last edited 19 days ago by TeamSpeed. 9 edits done in total.
Nov 03, 2017 07:17 |  #16

cutwater wrote in post #18487537 (external link)
I doubt he flew for 25 consecutive days too, however, I believe it was his intent to use it until the other unit arrived, so I agree with your assessment. I certainly wouldn't do it, but unfortunately, people do. My wife has gal friends the buy a dress to attend a wedding, leave the tag on, and return it afterwards. Same kind of thing and I don't think it's right.

Anyhow, I don't believe the OP wants to read us discussing the ethics of product return, he's more interested in any news of new drone from DJI.

Again it goes to his intent, not his actions. So yes, it sounds like he used the return policy as a free rental. If so, then that is certainly wrong, but we all do wrong things from time to time. A good business plan should always include backup equipment or at least a plan to acquire a loaner somehow, and not through a liberal return policy. Perhaps I should start loaning mine out? Hmmm...

The wedding thing happens ALOT. But the prices they charge simply due to a captive audience for a one time event is ludicrous and invites this kind of behavior. However 2 wrongs don't make a right, greed on one side and theft on the other.

We are in the middle of planning a wedding ourselves, and I can literally see the bank account drain... :( Fortunately an old co-worker of mine is a photographer and will do the main event and a bit leading up to the ceremony for $100 per hour, and all he is doing is providing the raw files. I told him I will process everything to same money, and my brother and I will shoot other parts of the day as well. So $600 for a good photographer has helped keep costs down. Rentals and dresses and shoes and flowers and table decorations and food and invitations and.... the list goes on. The drone might even make an appearance. :)

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2013
Houston, Texas
Nov 10, 2017 23:37 |  #17

Thank you all for your responses thus far. Sorry for my absence but I've read all the posts and I appreciate them. Stinks that there is no solid news on what DJI is up to, especially since I'm reading rumor posts from months ago stating "we're almost sure DJI is announcing a new drone later this week". Appears that was not the case, unless of course those announcements were the platinum Mavic or Obsidian Phantom. I still really want the P4P but I argue with myself about IQ vs. size. I watch Peter McKinnon and wish for the P4P, but then I watch others fold the Mavic up in their camera bag and I wish for that. I REALLY hope that the next Mavic comes out with the 1" sensor, that would make it a no brainer. But I also don't know if it's possible to fit a 1" sensor into a body that small. I keep telling myself that I should just wait until after the new year, and if they don't have the drone I want by then I'll get the P4P. The longer I wait the more money I can save, and maybe by the time I buy I'll be able to get the Inspire 2 lol. That's what I did when switching to Sony. I was expecting to buy a $3000 camera, but they took forever releasing a camera with everything I wanted and by the time they did, I had saved up enough money to buy the a9 and a healthy amount of G-Master and Zeiss glass.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

cutwater
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2009
near Saratoga Springs, NY
Nov 14, 2017 13:48 |  #18

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #18493783 (external link)
Thank you all for your responses thus far. Sorry for my absence but I've read all the posts and I appreciate them. Stinks that there is no solid news on what DJI is up to, especially since I'm reading rumor posts from months ago stating "we're almost sure DJI is announcing a new drone later this week". Appears that was not the case, unless of course those announcements were the platinum Mavic or Obsidian Phantom. I still really want the P4P but I argue with myself about IQ vs. size. I watch Peter McKinnon and wish for the P4P, but then I watch others fold the Mavic up in their camera bag and I wish for that. I REALLY hope that the next Mavic comes out with the 1" sensor, that would make it a no brainer. But I also don't know if it's possible to fit a 1" sensor into a body that small. I keep telling myself that I should just wait until after the new year, and if they don't have the drone I want by then I'll get the P4P. The longer I wait the more money I can save, and maybe by the time I buy I'll be able to get the Inspire 2 lol. That's what I did when switching to Sony. I was expecting to buy a $3000 camera, but they took forever releasing a camera with everything I wanted and by the time they did, I had saved up enough money to buy the a9 and a healthy amount of G-Master and Zeiss glass.

Phantom 4 Pro is $1285 at BH today, down from $1499....not a bad discount :)

Websiteexternal link flickrexternal link 500pxexternal link FaceBookexternal link

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2013
Houston, Texas
Nov 20, 2017 19:54 |  #19

Interesting that for DJI's Black Friday sale they are doing money off of all their consumer drones except for the P4P. $150 off Mavic Pro Fly More combo (don't know if this applies to the platinum). $100 off the Spark. Even $50 off the brand new Mavic Pro Alpine White. They are, however, giving the P4P the only real useful free accessory for black friday, a $170 extra battery. So maybe that's where their savings is.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

Aus.Morgo
Joined Feb 2012
Newcastle, Australia
Nov 21, 2017 00:19 |  #20

Hopefully a Mavic 2 is around the corner. I'm happy with my original but I'd like an improved camera, everything else can be a little tweak but if they do a decent upgrade of the camera it will be a killer drone.

Gear List

495 views & 6 likes for this thread
Isn't DJI Due for a new drone soon?
FORUMS News & Rumors Other Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.