Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk
Thread started 01 Nov 2017 (Wednesday) 21:04
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Fair Quote?

mdripper
96 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Nov 01, 2017 21:04 |  #1

Hope this is in the right place. I've been asked to photograph as well as take some video for a club lacrosse team at a four day long tournament. They have 6 different teams going, ill be photographing each team's games as well as all of the off the field events and actives(10am-8pm).They're taking care of my lodging for the four days. The photos and videos will be used for social media and website use. I gave them a quote of $1000 for all of the photos and video. Does that seem like a fair quote for shooting all six teams for four days?

5D mk III || 7D mk II || Canon 50 f/1.4 || 70-200 f/2.8 II L || 17-40 f/4 L
XPLOR 600 || 600ex-rt || a couple R2 Speedlights ||

texkam
"Just let me be a stupid photographer."
1,108 posts
Joined Mar 2012
By The Lake in Big D
Post has been edited 19 days ago by texkam.
Nov 01, 2017 23:21 |  #2

It's worth triple that IMHO.

At least.

-Duck-
my head is usually in the way
Joined Apr 2016
Shelton, CT USA
Post has been edited 19 days ago by -Duck-.
Nov 02, 2017 00:15 |  #3

10am to 8pm is 10 hours, times four days is 40 hours. That's $250 per day, or $25 per hour.
That doesn't take into account how long it will take you to sort, edit and deliver images or to compile, edit and deliver video.
Are you doing this alone or are you bringing help? Who's playing them? Are you renting any equipment? Are you paying out of pocket for the therapist after?

Yeah, you under bid this by a long shot.

"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Unitas Photoraphy (external link)Meetup (external link)Blog (external link)Facebook (external link)Flickr (external link)500px (external link)

jra
Cream of the Crop
6,498 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Ohio
Nov 02, 2017 12:53 |  #4

If you're shooting at a professional level, I would say you underbid by quite a lot. 40 hours of shooting is going to lead to a huge amount of work on the back end (assuming you'll be doing the editing). That said, if you have a vested interest in the team and they don't have the budget to pay anymore, there's nothing wrong with giving them a hand. Another option, if their budget is limited at $1000, you could have offered to shoot just the last day of the tournament when the most exciting games will be happening (depending on the tournament set up, some teams may have been eliminated by that point though).
Considering that you have already put in the bid, I guess you're kind of stuck at this point if they accept it.

448 views & 0 likes for this thread
Fair Quote?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.