Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 01 Nov 2017 (Wednesday) 22:35
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Looking for 8K or higher resolution wallpaper

datum9
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Nov 2017
Nov 01, 2017 22:35 |  #1

I have a 32" 4K monitor and I am looking for the highest quality at least 8K and up pics to use as wallpaper to get them to show up with the finest details. I am finding that most wallaper is 4K, very little is in 8K, so that's why I am asking here.

the areas of interesting include nature - forest, taiga, ocean, anything nature-related.

sponsored links
Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,150 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Nov 01, 2017 23:08 |  #2

If, to display 8k image on 4k monitor, the PC has to 'throw away' half the pixels, why bother with 8k as source file?!

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

datum9
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Nov 2017
Nov 02, 2017 06:39 as a reply to Wilt's post |  #3

I found out that an 8K image looks better than a 4K image even if it's on a 4K monitor.

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Nov 02, 2017 07:49 |  #4

Welcome to POTN

Just to get right to the point, are you interested in purchasing an image or are you interested in having a forum member gift you a high resolution photo for "wallpaper"?

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
53,225 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
Nov 02, 2017 09:22 |  #5

You can always use your own images.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Chet
For $20, I'll be your friend.
41,622 posts
Gallery: 89 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Post has been edited 17 days ago by Chet.
Nov 02, 2017 09:24 |  #6

Sounds like someone is fishing for high resolution images.

I don't often share but I did like how this one turned out. It's simply titled "White Wall in Wales". I have higher resolution samples available on request.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

Ian ­ Mackie
"I'm not welcome. I look foward to her admonishment"
Joined May 2013
From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"
Nov 02, 2017 12:27 |  #7

Chet wrote in post #18486836 (external link)
Sounds like someone is fishing for high resolution images.

I don't often share but I did like how this one turned out. It's simply titled "White Wall in Wales". I have higher resolution samples available on request.

thumbnailHosted photo: posted by Chet in
./showthread.php?p=184​86836&i=i178131495
forum: The Lounge

Lovely detail, you have a Scottish version please? Not so keen on White walls in Wales, fellow Celts, but different :oops:

flickr (external link)

Chet
41,622 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Post has been edited 17 days ago by Chet.
Nov 02, 2017 12:48 |  #8

Ian Mackie wrote in post #18486951 (external link)
Lovely detail, you have a Scottish version please? Not so keen on White walls in Wales, fellow Celts, but different :oops:

From my Adobe dwelling collection, simply titled "Ode to a chair rail". Exquisite in it's modern simplistic charm and detail. It pains me to say I do not have a higher resolution offering of this piece.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
My Gear List

teekay
Goldmember
2,590 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Post has been edited 16 days ago by teekay.
Nov 02, 2017 14:04 |  #9

May I offer my own modest contribution to the selection of fine artwork already suggested?

It is an original, titled "GRAIN". When unveiled for the first time at the Moosebone Institute For Primitive Abstract Art in Saskatchewan, one local art critic called it "A remarkably deep and complex expression of modern thought at the highest levels". Others were also moved by it, some even suggesting that small copies be made available to the masses in roll form suitable for installing in small rooms.

If this satisfies your needs, datum9, contributions to the RSPB (Royal Society for the Prevention of Birds) are always welcome.

IMAGE: http://community.netidea.com/teekay/temp/Grain.jpg

Chet
41,622 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Nov 03, 2017 10:44 |  #10

teekay wrote in post #18487031 (external link)
May I offer my own modest contribution to the selection of fine artwork already suggested?

It is an original, titled "GRAIN". When unveiled for the first time at the Moosebone Institute For Primitive Abstract Art in Saskatchewan, one local art critic called it "A remarkably deep and complex expression of modern thought at the highest levels". Others were also moved by it, some even suggesting that small copies be made available to the masses in roll form suitable for installing in small rooms.

If this satisfies your needs, datum9, contributions to the RSPB (Royal Society for the Prevention of Birds) are always welcome.
QUOTED IMAGE

It's very tranquil in it's presentation, I can see why others were moved. I'm not afraid to admit I wept openly for 56 minutes prior to having a painful tooth extracted. Well done.

My Gear List

sponsored links

452 views & 14 likes for this thread
Looking for 8K or higher resolution wallpaper
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.