Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 04 Nov 2017 (Saturday) 14:19
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

help 1dx parts fell out

silly101963
43 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Nov 04, 2017 14:19 |  #1

changing a lens and this falls out of my 1dx?? it looks like it goes over the mirror? tried shooting with out it to see what happens and very over exposed pics....
it almost looks like the tab is broke off on the one side? anybody have this happen to them before?
thanks..

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Nov 04, 2017 14:28 |  #2

http://learn.usa.canon​.com ...eable_focus_screens​.shtml (external link)

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,028 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Nov 04, 2017 15:54 |  #3

Ewhhh..:eek::eek: .is a focusing screen. I am surprised you can still focus and compose WITHOUT it. They are very fragile and can be easily get scratched...very easily. Is hard to image it would just fall out by itself...

One Imaging Photographyexternal link and my Flickrexternal link
Facebookexternal link

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,172 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Nov 04, 2017 20:47 |  #4

This article actually has a Picture for installing a screen

https://www.learn.usa.​canon.com ...ingScreens_QuickGui​de.pdf (external link)

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

silly101963
THREAD ­ STARTER
43 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Nov 05, 2017 02:10 |  #5

THANKS
figured it out and got it back in.. it does have a small smudge on it.. not sure how this will affect focus?
i was going to go through some settings on camera and took the 100-400 off for easier handling and was going to put a 28-55 kit lens on not knowing it wouldent go on.. and the lens must have hit the tab that holds the screen in...

number ­ six
"After 40 years still not housebroken, I still piddle on the carpet"
8,899 posts
Joined May 2007
SF Bay Area
Nov 06, 2017 13:44 |  #6

silly101963 wrote in post #18488957 (external link)
THANKS
figured it out and got it back in.. it does have a small smudge on it.. not sure how this will affect focus?

It won't affect autofocus - that's in the bottom of the camera. It'll just drive you crazy every time you look through the viewfinder.  :p

If you want you can take it out and wash it gently in warm water with dish washing liquid detergent. Air dry. It's easily scratched so don't use a towel (which might also leave lint).

-js

"Be seeing you."
50D - 17-55 f/2.8 IS - 18-55 IS - 28-105 II USM - 60 f/2.8 macro - 70-200 f/4 L - Sigma flash
I do not piddle on the carpet!

sponsored links

878 views & 0 likes for this thread
help 1dx parts fell out
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.